• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Not so sure about giving the gloves to Conway when you have Phillips in the side. I know there's barely any balls going behind the stumps in T20s but chances of busted fingers are very high when keeping. Why risk it?

I thought Phillips kept in CPL?

The Hutt Rec

Not so sure about giving the gloves to Conway when you have Phillips in the side. I know there's barely any balls going behind the stumps in T20s but chances of busted fingers are very high when keeping. Why risk it?

I thought Phillips kept in CPL?
Phillips is much better in the field than Conway. Not much hits the keeper's gloves in t20s anyway.

Find it bizarre there was no IPL interest in Conway, but Allen picked up a contract.

nzfan

Phillips is much better in the field than Conway. Not much hits the keeper's gloves in t20s anyway.

Find it bizarre there was no IPL interest in Conway, but Allen picked up a contract.
Allen was a replacement for Philippe. They were only allowed to pick a 38k usd price player. Conway had set it at 75k I think.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Never quite understood the soft signal when a fielder catches on the boundary. Umpires should have hawk eye to call it soft signal.
Another reason soft signal is stupid. That was pretty obvious he was standing on the boundary, although you couldn't say it was 100% conclusive. I guarantee there'd be umpires around the world who would have given that out on insufficient evidence. Fortunately Wayne Knights is a guy who has a feel for the game.

Not sure what the fielder was playing at, he would have absolutely known he stood on the matting.

nzfan

Just what I thought would happen to Bangladesh, crawl to 120-130. I thought Bangladesh were improving of late but doesn't seem like it.

nzfan

Started to watch the India England game. They're good enough to score 330+ and chase that with many balls to spare. Just a thought, are we good enough to either stop teams like them from scoring 330+ or chase that many consistently in Indian conditions with our current side?

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Just watching the replay, Naim Sheikh looks class. Some of those shots through the offside have shades of Gill.

Also, great to see Ferguson back hitting high 140's (according to the commentators anyway, the speeds don't seem to appear on the Spark graphics).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Started to watch the India England game. They're good enough to score 330+ and chase that with many balls to spare. Just a thought, are we good enough to either stop teams like them from scoring 330+ or chat that many consistently in Indian conditions with our current side?
A top 4 of Nicholls, guppy, Kane, Conway (assuming Rosco won't be around at the next WC.) Doesn't strike fear for its power hitting, and Latham at 5 doesn't help things much either. Maybe the bowlers can keep them below 330, England and India are both fielding subpar attacks this series.