• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CdG! Then play Nicholls at 6 and Neesham at 7. Santner at 8.
Yeah, nah. I don't actually hate it, but I really love the thought of having the power Neesham and CDG at 6 & 7, as opposed to yet another nudger/nurdler like Nicholl's coming in after KW, Taylor & Latham.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Yeah I feel ya, no room for Latham and Nicholls at 5/6 when they both essentially do that role anyway.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
With CDG, he came into this summer being our top (read 'least bad') ODI finisher because he'd played a few handy innings from 7, can hit from ball one and everyone else sucked.

Neesham has leap-frogged him this summer, but Anderson is ded, Nicholls shouldn't bat lower than 5 and so his only genuine competition is from bowling-allrounders like Bracewell, rather than batting all-rounders. That's a debate that's already been had quite a few times, but personally I think CDG's batting is pretty valuable and am happy to persist with him there rather than bringing in a bowling allrounder.

Zinzan

Time to accept that we have cake 1-5 and no icing because there is no worthwhile top-order icing.

Except perhaps Guptill who can be a cake-icing hybrid sometimes.
Without wishing to return to the cake/icing diet of 2015, we have enough solidarity in Guptill, KW, Taylor & Latham to have a goer up the top. I get Munro hasn't been a McCullum, who averaged 30 with a SR of 140 in the last couple of years, but I'd still take Munro's last 2 years average of 25 @ a SR 115 up top with those other batsmen around him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Without wishing to return to the cake/icing diet of 2015, we have enough solidarity in Guptill, KW, Taylor & Latham to have a goer up the top. I get Munro hasn't been a McCullum, who averaged 30 with a SR of 140 in the last couple of years, but I'd still take Munro's last 2 years average of 25 @ a SR 115 tbh up top with those other batsmen around him.
We have room for some icing in there to provide a better mix, but I just turned the box of icing sugar upside down and it was totally empty.

SillyCowCorner1

jcas0167

International Debutant
CdG! Then play Nicholls at 6 and Neesham at 7. Santner at 8.
This has some appeal given de Grandhomme's struggles with spin, but has he had any experience opening? I recall Neesham was unsuccessfully trialed in the opening role before the previous WC. Ronchi made a reasonable fist of it second time round IIRC. It came off with Greatbatch, but that was on fairly flat, slow wickets. I'd like to see Seifert opening, but I suspect they'll stick with Nicholls now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Soumya Sarkar looked so comfortable agains the swing in that game.

Mahmudullah was on a nice patch as well
Yeah they have some batsmen who've played well against NZ before, been bad this series though. Still feel like it's a tricky match for NZ in the world cup after Bangladesh beat us there in the CT.

Zinzan

Oooooh looking forward to Doull's/Smithy's/whoever else World Cup Squad. Doull implied that his squad is different from what the selectors will be as they have backed themselves into a corner. Plus you just know that Smith is going to have Bracewell in his. Hahahaha.
If you or anyone saw & cbf posting them i'd be interested to know.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
This has some appeal given de Grandhomme's struggles with spin, but has he had any experience opening? I recall Neesham was unsuccessfully trialed in the opening role before the previous WC. Ronchi made a reasonable fist of it second time round IIRC. It came off with Greatbatch, but that was on fairly flat, slow wickets. I'd like to see Seifert opening, but I suspect they'll stick with Nicholls now.
CDG used to open for Auckland in 20-20s, but it was absolutely ages ago (pre it even being called the super smash, I think).

Borges

International Regular
Woo! This New Zealand is such a strong team, even without Williamson, India were lucky to catch them on their off days.

Zinzan

Woo! This New Zealand is such a strong team, even without Williamson, India were lucky to catch them on their off days.
Nah, just emphasises the gap between India (a top 2 side), NZ at 3 or 4, and then Bangers..wherever they are (8th or something).