• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jeez, just watching the highlights and Keegan Meth's action makes me want to weep!
Yeah he is a very strange bowler; it's why it took him so long to debut despite having one of the most ridiculous First Class bowling records of the modern era.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Every time this guy Jalal Yunus opens his mouth, controversy arises. He has a knack of blaming everything upon players when there is a poor showing. He should have made sure that unfit players weren't participating in bpl. The board was too busy in organizing bpl that they didn't have time to find a proper coach even. It's not that they lack money or something, they got plenty of money but not using for the right causes. Jurgensen, bowling coach turned head coach, is a good team manager and surely the team played well under him in some recent series but for long term I'm not totally convinced that he can take the team to that level. There is not even a proper batting coach for the team. The fielding coach takes care of batting department.

BCB rather than blaming the unfit players should be blaming the selectors/ management for naming them in the squad in the first place. The first test is now lost already, so all these big talks from BCB can now only put pressure on the players for the next test. Also this pattern of blaming the umpires for poor showing should be stopped. Some decisions might go against sometimes but it's not umpires' fault if the players fail and present opportunities one after another.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Also, what was the deal with Ashraful not wanting to leave the crease in the first innings? In the commentary box they said he may have thought it was a no all for height but it was a **** **** to a tummy high ball. If that really is the reason then he is a clown.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
"The batting performance in Harare had no similarity with that in Sri Lanka," said Jalal Yunus, the BCB's media committee chairman.

That's because, unlike Sri Lanka in that series, Zimbabwe have a competent seam bowling attack and have produced a Test standard pitch.
Yeah, because every pitch that takes turn is sub-standard, I'm sick of these ridiculous opinions people have about pitches in that that don't favour the quicks are bad pitches. Unless you're talking about Galle being too flat, but you have to remember that it was ICC sanctioned not long ago for being a rank turner.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unless you're talking about Galle being too flat
Which I was.

Jalal Yunus seems to be in stunned shock that the batsmen filled their boots on a ridiculous road of a surface and then struggled against a competent seam attack on a fair wicket. And that's funny.

I've got no beef with turners.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Losing a game is not ideal, especially as it was a game a lot of people may have expected us to win. But if you actually look at the record of Zimbabwe in their own country, they have performed quite well, so I don't understand why people seem to be very upset- Shane Jurgensen
It's not that people are upset only because we lost, it's because the way we lost

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
It's not that people are upset only because we lost, it's because the way we lost
Exactly - first they let Zimbabwe get 380 when they probably should have kept them down to about 300, then after a promising start they capitulated on the third day. They were just chasing the game from that point.

Anyway 2nd Test starts tomorrow, Shakib will supposedly be playing a full part this time (so expect him to have to bowl 60+ overs).

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway 2nd Test starts tomorrow, Shakib will supposedly be playing a full part this time (so expect him to have to bowl 60+ overs)

Yeah, and expect Sohag Gazi to bowl about 10...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe have won the toss and bowled - interesting, if Bangladesh can show some fight and put a decent first innings total on, the their spinners might come into play...

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Maruma is out with a knee injury with Chakabva coming into the side and will probably open with Sibanda. Not expecting much from Regis, but Sibanda and Hamilton really need to step up in this game. I don't want to see Taylor coming in at 2/20 odd

Flametree

International 12th Man
Not been watching this but Jarvis's figures are a bit of a contrast to his first test effort - having an off day?

stumpski

International Captain
Anyway 2nd Test starts tomorrow, Shakib will supposedly be playing a full part this time (so expect him to have to bowl 60+ overs)

Yeah, and expect Sohag Gazi to bowl about 10...
And Nasir Hossain about five ...

They do well on FB don't they, the Bangla boys - over 3,200 people 'like' Nasir, a number 7 who's sent down 100 overs in nine Tests, although this is hardly the ideal arena for 'bits and pieces' players. His nearest equivalent from England, James Tredwell, has 66 'likes,' :laugh: Which, tbf, is about 60 more than he has on here.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Better batting effort than last game but batsmen mostly threw their wickets away. Zim dropped couple of catches though.

Mushfiq goes now. We are in trouble again.

stumpski

International Captain
Never heard of him before today, but it appears he can bat a bit - even if he's no Abul Hassan. I think Bangladesh would have taken 300 at the start of the day, for one thing it's more than they managed in two innings last time and they have the potential to add another 50 or so. Not a bad position to be in bowling last.