• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

Jezroy

State Captain
Not sure what the heck is going on at the TAB, but they have options on Shakib to be highest run scorer, most wickets etc etc.

They either know something we don’t, or really don’t care about this series.

Binkley

U19 Captain
There seem to be a few new names in this Bangladesh team. Can someone in the know give us a breakdown of who they are and what they bring to the team?

And count me as someone who thinks the Bangladesh team might throw a few surprises at a poorly prepared New Zealand side.

cnerd123

likes this
A Plunket Shield side could beat this BD team. This is more or less the same bunch that got demolished at home vs Pak. NZ have Boult and Conway back and more or less a full strength XI. BD are without Shakib, Mahmadullah and Mushfiqur. They're going to struggle to score runs and the seamers aren't good enough to bowl NZ out regularly.

Hope they prove me wrong, would love to see a bit of fight.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Think Liton will do well this series. He’s in good form in tests too. Top order is the problem and in no time we are always four down. I thought making Joy to open in last test was a mistake. He should play at 3/4. In that case Shanto could open with Sandman.

Abu Jayed may surprise few if he’s able to swing it but he lacks consistency. I’m looking forward to watching Shoriful bowling. He’s our boult.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Bangladesh win the toss and choose to bowl. Probably the right choice, as the pitch does look green - but it also looks a hot, sunny day at Bay Oval. I reckon any movement won’t last too long.

Ravindra wins the battle of the all-rounders.

Meridio

International Regular
This pitch decidedly less green than a typical day 1 NZ wicket. Could spin later, might be a fair amount of work for Rachin if the Banglas get through our seamers later in the game

Flametree

International 12th Man
Yeah add Tamim and Shakib to this side and it's got some potential, though the seam bowling is an unknown. However, they're off to a good start...

Meridio

International Regular
Banglas bowling pretty well early on here, though I feel they could be challenging the stumps a bit more. There's some swing and seam around but we've probably been able to leave a few too many balls, and that movement could easily die out this afternoon as the pitch bakes