• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh A in Zimbabwe

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Day 1: Bangladesh A 254, Zimbabwe A 57/3 (Duffin 22*, Cremer 0*; 20 overs)

Bangladesh's Raquibul Hassan scored 100 from 157 balls.

Last edited:

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Zimbabwe A all out on 188 on second day.

Enamul Haque Jr. again got 7 wickets. It seems this spinner is too good for Zimbabwe.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Final result:

Bangladesh A 254 (Raqibul 100) and 232 beat Zimbabwe A 188 (Enamul 7-47) and 248 (Shadahat 5-63) by 50 runs

Enamul got 10 wickets in the match.

Last edited:

crickmate

U19 12th Man
2nd 4 day match, Bangladesh playing without Enamul Haque Jr.(he is too much for Zimbabwe, I guess :) ):

Day 1: Bangladesh A 309/9 (Mushfiqur Rahim 110*, Shafaq Al Zabir 1*; 96 overs)
Day 2: Bangladesh A 311, Zimbabwe A 201, Bangladesh A 78/0

At least some blind peoples in this forum now should see that Bangladesh indeed has improved. Even the A team of Bangladesh is very close to the national team in performance.

Langeveldt

Soutie
crickmate said:
At least some blind peoples in this forum now should see that Bangladesh indeed has improved. Even the A team of Bangladesh is very close to the national team in performance.
Not a chance.. The only reason they have improved is because of the Zimbabwe exodus and India deciding to be complacent and rest players for a couple of games.. Zimbabwe's "proper" team would smash Bangladesh into last week..

The fact remains that their domestic structure is hilarious, and their talent recognition non existant, and the whole issue of them playing test match cricket is farcical...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Not a chance.. The only reason they have improved is because of the Zimbabwe exodus and India deciding to be complacent and rest players for a couple of games.. Zimbabwe's "proper" team would smash Bangladesh into last week..
Even their team of 2003\04 hammered them.
And that was with a side not remotely close to meriting Test and ODI status.
If they still had Johnson, Grant Flower, Wishart, Campbell, Goodwin, Andy Flower, Carlisle, Guy Whittall, Streak, the Rennies, Olonga, the Strangs, and a few others, they'd still be something resembling a decent side.
Bangladesh made a tiny improvement in the 2nd half of 2003, but they're still not anything remotely close to Test-standard.

Richard,

Andy Flower and Grant Fowler wouldn't make a Zoe Goss-selected Orange Boy Eleven let alone a Test side. I can't see your point here. Maybe, it's about time Richard, that you discarded your Falling Down-style shattered spectacles and had a proper look at the kebabs. There's an old Bangladeshian proverb "He who He who He who he who" but then again the originator, Calcutta's Kebabus Emeritus, Karma Pa-Pa-Pa-Prajneesh WAS reputed to have had a speech impediment.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
lol, Richard. How bad memory you have. All of the matches were very competitive. And you call that hammering. LOL again. In 3 ODI matches Bangladesh won 1 match and other two mathces were also competitive. If you please refer to the scorecards again, you will see the only difference between Bangldesh and ZImbabwe 2003/04 was Heath Streak.

Zimbabwe was a one man show. And still they are one man show. Earlier it was Heath Streak. Now it is Taibu saving Zimb ass from being humiliated.

And believe me, if now Zimbabwe comes with full strength, even Bangladesh A team will be too competitive for them. Face the reality.

It was too pity that Zimbabwe cannot even form a good A team. How shallow the depth of cricket they have.

Richard said:
Even their team of 2003\04 hammered them.
And that was with a side not remotely close to meriting Test and ODI status.
If they still had Johnson, Grant Flower, Wishart, Campbell, Goodwin, Andy Flower, Carlisle, Guy Whittall, Streak, the Rennies, Olonga, the Strangs, and a few others, they'd still be something resembling a decent side.
Bangladesh made a tiny improvement in the 2nd half of 2003, but they're still not anything remotely close to Test-standard.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The full strength Zimbabwe Team that came to Australia last summer was crap and they been crap ever since Andy Flower retired after the 2003 WC. Even with their full stength side they would still loss to BD and there A side would still loss the BD A. BD have improved allot since Dav Watmore took over, just look at their performances aganist Pakistan, West Indies and India. Whereas Zimbabwe have been on a down spiral since the WC2003.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
chaminda_00 said:
The full strength Zimbabwe Team that came to Australia last summer was crap and they been crap ever since Andy Flower retired after the 2003 WC.
No, they've been crap ever since Andy Flower, Alistair Campbell, Guy Whittall, Henry Olonga and Gavin Rennie were lost after that competition.
And their current side is full-strength - the loss of the extra 15 players was simply an extension to the loss of all the players before and directly after WC2003.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
Richard,

Andy Flower and Grant Fowler wouldn't make a Zoe Goss-selected Orange Boy Eleven let alone a Test side. I can't see your point here. Maybe, it's about time Richard, that you discarded your Falling Down-style shattered spectacles and had a proper look at the kebabs. There's an old Bangladeshian proverb "He who He who He who he who" but then again the originator, Calcutta's Kebabus Emeritus, Karma Pa-Pa-Pa-Prajneesh WAS reputed to have had a speech impediment.
Maybe it's time you stopped pelting the board with your uninhibited gibberish and disappeared for good?
You might want to go to a cricket ground - you might learn something about the game there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
crickmate said:
lol, Richard. How bad memory you have. All of the matches were very competitive. And you call that hammering. LOL again. In 3 ODI matches Bangladesh won 1 match and other two mathces were also competitive. If you please refer to the scorecards again, you will see the only difference between Bangldesh and ZImbabwe 2003/04 was Heath Streak.
Err, yes, despite winning The First Test by 183 runs and having a first-innings lead of 42 with 8 wickets remaining, that wasn't a hammering? 8-)
And if I didn't recall the ODIs perfectly I think you could forgive me for forgetting such a meaningless, gutter-standard series.
Zimbabwe was a one man show. And still they are one man show. Earlier it was Heath Streak. Now it is Taibu saving Zimb ass from being humiliated.

And believe me, if now Zimbabwe comes with full strength, even Bangladesh A team will be too competitive for them. Face the reality.

It was too pity that Zimbabwe cannot even form a good A team. How shallow the depth of cricket they have.
Wow, what an amazing achievement Bangladesh have achieved - they're a tiny bit better than Zimbabwe!

crickmate

U19 12th Man
the point is they have improved a lot in the last two years. and most of them are still very young players. Also lots of excellent players are in the pipeline. Wait and see. Though some like you does not want other teams to bloom up, they will come up eventually kicking the ass of so called crcketing nations where cricket is actually dyeing day by day. The passions and support Bangladesh have towards cricket are itself enough to boom them up very soon. Like they have improved in last two years , they will keep improving, whether you want it or not.

Richard said:
Wow, what an amazing achievement Bangladesh have achieved - they're a tiny bit better than Zimbabwe!

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
crickmate said:
the point is they have improved a lot in the last two years. and most of them are still very young players. Also lots of excellent players are in the pipeline. Wait and see. Though some like you does not want other teams to bloom up, they will come up eventually kicking the ass of so called crcketing nations where cricket is actually dyeing day by day. The passions and support Bangladesh have towards cricket are itself enough to boom them up very soon. Like they have improved in last two years , they will keep improving, whether you want it or not.
Things have been looking-up for Bangladesh since 1985, when they played their first international game of any status.
Bangladesh don't deserve to be playing Test-cricket and until they do, I don't want them playing. If they were to become good enough, I'd welcome them into the fold. It's wholly stupid to say I "don't want them to bloom-up" and comments like "they will come up eventually kicking the ass of so called crcketing nations where cricket is actually dyeing day by day" are beyond belief - what the hell right have you got to stereotype someone you know nothing about as one of these anti-ex-colonial-upstarts lot?
If Bangladesh amount to anything in the next 5 years, I'll eat the Earth.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
yeah Richard, I will make a new post in cricketweb with your comment within 5 years when you will eat earth. And that time could be very sooner than 5 years. Till than I won't argue with a blind.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The fact that Bangladesh have managed to beat Zimbabwe is just depressing for cricket. Not a great Bangladeshi feat..

Imagine what would happen if we stripped Bangladesh of 15 of their top players?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
The fact that Bangladesh have managed to beat Zimbabwe is just depressing for cricket. Not a great Bangladeshi feat..

Imagine what would happen if we stripped Bangladesh of 15 of their top players?
And JUST imagine what'd happen if we stripped them of 25 or so of their top players...?