• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great Birtannia said:
Qld 190

Tas 1/70

Good day for Queensland, huh? :happy:

Bevan is about the only Tigers batsman that is any good in the one dayers, most are much better in the four day stuff. Cue disastrous collapse tomorrow.
I should have taken my pillow. Tasmania bowled exceptionally well. I got there late and couldn't believe Maher & Love were already back in the pavillion and then to make matters worse the 2nd ball I saw Hayden gets out! :@

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Michael di Venuto.

King of the well-made 30.
Not wrong!

Watching Bevo bat is like watching paint dry, I'll give you that, but I think with Di Venuto, Birt, Bailey and Marsh there are 4 aggressive batsman that can strike a ball.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Vics batting line up was a bit of an eyebrow raiser with Hodge opening and Cam White at #3. Dave Hussey bowling 8 overs when you select 7 other bowling options is different as well although he did a good job. Voges is starting to put his hand up for national selection post Martyn as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
Vics batting line up was a bit of an eyebrow raiser with Hodge opening and Cam White at #3. Dave Hussey bowling 8 overs when you select 7 other bowling options is different as well although he did a good job. Voges is starting to put his hand up for national selection post Martyn as well.
Looks like the Vics are doing there best to push the case of national selection for Hussey, Hodge and White without thinking what is best for the team.

Johnners

Queensland in serious trouble after today's play....

Just a few moments ago they were 3/11, still 127 runs away from making Tasmania bat again.

A well constructed Innings from Travis Birt who is continually showing that he is line line for a National birth in the future. Once again though it was Bichel who provided the vital breakthrough's for QLD. Without Bich we would've been in a far worse position than we are now.

At this stage it's up to Lachie Stevens, James Hopes, Hartley & Bichel to at first make tasmania bat again, and then hopefully build a lead big enough to defend. The Tassy line-up is not to be under-estimated this season

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Clapo said:
The Tassy line-up is not to be under-estimated this season
Tassie have had a good batting line up for a while now, albeit prone to horrendous collapses, but they've never really had the bowling attack to take 20 wickets in a match. Griffith and Hilfenhaus are now a dangerous opening pair, Drew and Geeves are reasonable back up, and they are still yet to add Damien Wright who missed the whole of last season with injury to the attack. Maher and his 'sleeping giants' comment was a little overboard but I think they will go well this season and be in with a shot at making the Pura Cup final at least. They fell just short after decimating Queensland late last year in a season that was killed by injury.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Ed cowan has promised much for a long time was in the same world youth cup side as aaron o'biren,michael clarke and shane watson.
On moises he is talking it up by saying he hopes to be in the international side in 2/3 years,good on him.Apparently he has his own fan club as well not bad for a 19 year old.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Lehman wins the toss and bowls, with Tait and Gillespie on a helpful pitch that will make it tough early for the NSW batsmen.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Jaques, Simmons, Christian, +Haddin, Thornely, Cowan, O'Brien, Henriques, Nicholson, Hauritz, Bollinger.

That is one ordinary looking side, especially the bowling attack. Henriques should get plenty of game time this year at least.

Perm

Brad Haddin batting at 4 for NSW, is he that good? Or just a handy aggressive batsman? Here's hoping Gillespie,Tait, Cosgrove and Jaques do well, SA do have some elder statesman (pardon the pun) with Blewett, Elliot, Lehmann and Gillespie all over 30.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
hmm decent start 0/40 off 9.4, a bit slow though.

What happend to McGill and Bird and why did they pick Haurtiz over Casson or Coyte?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
Brad Haddin batting at 4 for NSW, is he that good? Or just a handy aggressive batsman?
Yeah he played in the Top 4 his whole career in ODs and bats at 6 in FC, but could bat higher if NSW wanted. Been one of our best batsmen the last couple years, just behind Jaques.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Perm said:
Brad Haddin batting at 4 for NSW, is he that good? Or just a handy aggressive batsman?
Handy aggressive batsman for mine.

0/42 after 10 is a good start for NSW. Cosgrove dropped Jaques at slip.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
Jaques, Simmons, Christian, +Haddin, Thornely, Cowan, O'Brien, Henriques, Nicholson, Hauritz, Bollinger.

That is one ordinary looking side, especially the bowling attack. Henriques should get plenty of game time this year at least.

While its not Lee, McGrath, Bracken and Macgill (or even Clark) its not a bad attack, Bollinger is a solid state bowler and Hauritz is certainly a good OD bowler. Nicholson, Thornley and O'Brien aren't too bad either. Henriques is a top prospect and it will be interesting to see how he goes against a batting lineup full of experience and quality in Lehman, Blewett, Elliot and Cosgrove.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Christian opens up and knocked Bailey for 3 6's in the over.
Yeah Bailey taking a bit of smashing, but i guess he got the wicket of Haddin. Not looking forward to watching Haurtiz bowling looking at how ineffective Bailey is, lets hope a season of grade cricket in QLD has improved him as a batsmen.

It was an interesting move to bat Christian at 3, i thought they might have gone for Cowan. I guess they only see him as a middle order batsmen. Not a good sign, as that means we might see a lot of Greg Mail in the Pura side.

Crap as i post Christian gets out. :@

4/147 off 31

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think they got to score 270/280 plus on this pitch, though it seems a lot different from normal North Sydney 300 plus pitches, so maybe 260 plus could be enough.