• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can someone tell me what the hell is Beau Casson doing in the NSW side if he isn't going to bowl any ****in' overs, in the last FC game that NSW played there also he bowled around 10-12 overs in the game which is pretty lame imo, how the hell do Aussie selectors hope to improve their spin stocks when the spinners aren't going to be given a fair run in FC games despite being picked, its better they pick a seamer ahead of a spinner rather that put up this charade of picking a spinner just for the sake of it.
To be fair Hauritz has already bowled 17 overs out of the first 60 and it's only Day 1 at the Adelaide Oval which should see more spin on days 3 and 4. Casson bowling now as we speak.

Julian87

State Captain
Can someone tell me what the hell is Beau Casson doing in the NSW side if he isn't going to bowl any ****in' overs, in the last FC game that NSW played there also he bowled around 10-12 overs in the game which is pretty lame imo, how the hell do Aussie selectors hope to improve their spin stocks when the spinners aren't going to be given a fair run in FC games despite being picked, its better they pick a seamer ahead of a spinner rather that put up this charade of picking a spinner just for the sake of it.
Take a look at the side selected and you'll probably be able to answer all of your own questions. It is a pretty balanced bowling attack AFAIC. Maybe a seamer short, but Lambert has been bowling well.

Good to see O'Brien scoring some runs as well.

pup11

International Coach
What is Marsh doing playing in this game, shouldn't he be on his way to India by now?!?

howardj

International Coach
Chuffed to see Horrie Hauritz claim some scalps. When you think about it, and a possible call up later this Summer, he did claim 3/12 in India in his last Test. He's a solid bat too. Anyway, Tests aside, he's easily our best limited overs tweaker.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
DROPAA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEAL! DROPPA! NORTH! VOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya boys.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Michael Clarke v Jimmy Franklin was one of the worst as well. Lambert :laugh:

Ball swung a bit as well, love it.

howardj

International Coach
Hoping PJ Hughes can kick on today.

He's had a rough start to the Summer.

But I have high hopes for this young chappy.