• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Caught out again Flem, calling Andrew McDonald 'Adam'.

Does he actually know anybody in Australian cricket? Just seems to see their initials and take a guess at their name.

inbox24

International Debutant
Seriously guys why the heck is David Hussey still playing domestic cricket?

He should be in India preparing for the 3rd test right now!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Seriously guys why the heck is David Hussey still playing domestic cricket?

He should be in India preparing for the 3rd test right now!
In place of who exactly? I mean if I had my way he'd play ahead of Clarke, but I imagine the selectors see it quite differently.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Australia RR of 1.82 in their second innings so far, continuing on their quest to bore every Sheffield Shield team into giving up and forfeiting.

Looks like a "Just, don't lose." edict from the top. Sadly, in achieving that, would be an improvement. Hate to be negative but I have little time for negative tactics. I'd admire them more if they got out or lost the match trying to force the issue. What they're doing is just delaying what used to happen on the 3rd day of a match to the 4th.

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
dunno if anyone plays sports bets on facebook here but i bet 125 000 chips on victoria to win at 3.33 which gave me 375 000 chips ridicoulous odds considering they ve got nearly all players availble to them and they are ( quiney in particular ) in good form

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Whats the rules regarding eligibilty for states...are they only allowed to play players with state contracts or can they just call up guys from Grade cricket if needs be? Saying this because with Marsh going off to India, WA will have two guys opening with about 3 games between them, reckon they should have got Paul Horton to play given he's playing grade cricket in Perth atm

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats the rules regarding eligibilty for states...are they only allowed to play players with state contracts or can they just call up guys from Grade cricket if needs be? Saying this because with Marsh going off to India, WA will have two guys opening with about 3 games between them, reckon they should have got Paul Horton to play given he's playing grade cricket in Perth atm
Davis is all quality though, which sews up one spot. If anything it will unfortunately prolong the Luke Ronchi experiment a bit further in the ODs. North can open too, though I'd hesitate to swing him up because he looks so good at four. Clint Heron would probably get the FC spot if they want a genuine opener.

Could always call up young Mitch as a replacement for Shaun. :ph34r:

howardj

International Coach
Quietly rooting for Horrie Hauritz to run through the SACAs today; I hope Callum is spared though.

Quietly tipping both Callum Ferguson and Phil Hughes to play Test cricket in the next couple of years.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Noticed that O'Brien bowled a significant more amount of overs than Cullen and that Cullen was going around 5.5 an over.

Redbacks

International Captain
Redbacks are 1/135 at Lunch

Run Rate is very low at 2.2 an over. If Younis Khan is called apon, hopefully he can produce a nice 50*:)

Redbacks

International Captain
Quietly rooting for Horrie Hauritz to run through the SACAs today; I hope Callum is spared though.

Quietly tipping both Callum Ferguson and Phil Hughes to play Test cricket in the next couple of years.
I hope you are correct, as that would mean he starts to produce some good consistant cricket for the Redbacks and then hopefully for Australia

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Redbacks are 1/135 at Lunch

Run Rate is very low at 2.2 an over. If Younis Khan is called apon, hopefully he can produce a nice 50*:)
Run rate doesnt mean a thing now, no difference finishing at 3/200 than it would be to finish at 8/350

Redbacks

International Captain
Run rate doesnt mean a thing now, no difference finishing at 3/200 than it would be to finish at 8/350
but if we got bowled out with 5-10 overs to go, a lead of 80 would be better than a lead of 20
that is my main concern