• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Todd Murphy bowled well this morning/afternoon - someone with a much higher ceiling than Swepson or Agar - so I'm going to assume he reacted well to the competition. ;)
One person I'd like to see more of is Kuhnemann, who looks way better than Agar. Can't get any game time over Swepson. Last time I saw him bowling looked like had actually gone backward though.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
One person I'd like to see more of is Kuhnemann, who looks way better than Agar. Can't get any game time over Swepson. Last time I saw him bowling looked like had actually gone backward though.
Kuhnenann has spent most of this season injured apparently, same with t Sangha

Shady Slim

International Coach
"aggressive bit of bowling from travis head" he threw it four sets of stumps outside off you lettuce lmao

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not really a huge fan but I do agree he's better than Agar. It probably says more about Agar than Kuhnemann though. He'll probably need to move states to get more game time.

Murphy is clearly the heir to the crown but much less useful as a second spinner than a leggie or a SLA for the time being.

Shady Slim

International Coach
That's not how aggressive spin bowling works though. That one was slower which encouraged him to swat at it.
you could say that it's smart then but there is no such thing as bowling that is a) aggressive and is also b) pitching in the batsman's half on seventeenth stump

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My only real problem with Richard's analysis back in the day was that he didn't actually calculate it. He'd say an innings didn't count or a series average was misleading etc, but where I thought it could have actually been useful would be calculating career FCAs for heaps of players so we knew what a 'good' one was and what a 'bad' one was. I think he only ever calculated it for Trescothick because he thought he was ****, but comparing Tresco's FCA to other players' scorebook averages was obviously unfair.

So it might be almost a world first to actually calculate it! Not quite that because of Tresco, lol.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
you could say that it's smart then but there is no such thing as bowling that is a) aggressive and is also b) pitching in the batsman's half on seventeenth stump
Tossing one up way outside off can definitely be aggressive in the context of bowling offies. If he darted one in on middle stump would you think that'd be more aggressive? That's nuts.

Shady Slim

International Coach
My only real problem with Richard's analysis back in the day was that he didn't actually calculate it. He'd say an innings didn't count or a series average was misleading etc, but where I thought it could have actually been useful would be calculating career FCAs for heaps of players so we knew what a 'good' one was and what a 'bad' one was. I think he only ever calculated it for Trescothick because he thought he was ****, but comparing Tresco's FCA to other players' scorebook averages was obviously unfair.

So it might be almost a world first to actually calculate it! Not quite that because of Tresco, lol.
fair play
Tossing one up way outside off can definitely be aggressive in the context of bowling offies. If he darted one in on middle stump would you think that'd be more aggressive? That's nuts.
i really can't agree here, and i can't get on board with labelling aggressive any sort of bowling where there's precisely zero pressure on the batsman to play it. like i said by all means call it smart, but it's not aggressive

Chubb

International Regular

IIRC Richard did the FCA for Tresco, who he hated, and Collingwood, who he liked, but the results surprised him. Both were in the 30s. He’d assumed Tresco would be in the 20s and Collingwood in the high 30s.