• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Do either of Hope and Hetmyer have any chance of a red ball recall? And where the **** is Cornwall
Shai Hope was almost as bad as Chase tbh. He needs a domestic FC season to score big and remember how to build red ball innings.

Hety won't appear anytime soon after his world cup shenanigans. I'd say he's done in windies colours tbh.

The one who really should have been picked is Brandon King. The other wildcard issue is do they just give Pooran a go based on talent but no FC experience?

Slifer

International Captain
My beef is with the media and other pundits who really expected WI to do well vs this Australian team. Australia are at home with both the best batsman in cricket and best bowler.

I asked for bread crumbs and Kraig and young Chanderpaul have provided them so far. Realistically, outside of India and maybe RSA any team that plays in Australia is getting smoked. Wi are no different. Media, give it a rest.

Gob

International Coach
Despite the shocking display thus far (took 5 wickets for 800), WI has the ingredients for a good pace attack. They need couple of decent middle order bats. Not Lara/Viv but Sarwan would do

Slifer

International Captain
Despite the shocking display thus far (took 5 wickets for 800), WI has the ingredients for a good pace attack. They need couple of decent middle order bats. Not Lara/Viv but Sarwan would do
Precisely. At home I'd expect them to do much better even against this Australian team. But yeah, wi batting in general is the real issue.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I take massive issue with that. Have you watched them play with the dukes ball by any chance? Our attack is as good as any with the dukes ball. I concede that we are shocking with the kookaburra though.
Maybe they should learn to bowl better with a different ball seeing as only 2/11 nations they can tour will use it.

Beamer

Maybe they should learn to bowl better with a different ball seeing as only 2/11 nations they can tour will use it.
So they bowl ok with the SG as well to be fair. Particularly Holder. Roach struggles anywhere that's not the Caribbean unfortunately.

We used to use the kookaburra at home but a long with our slow pitches it was killing the game and producing boring cricket.

The change to dukes reinvigorated our fast bowling and now we have quite a good pipeline. But we do need to bowl more with the kookaburra and get better with it without having to bowl at excellent batters in their own conditions.

Beamer

In other news Mayers won't bowl for the rest of the series and Roach has a thigh injury which is being monitored. Raymon Reifer is out now as well.

Marquino Mindley has been called up as cover. He's a seam and swing bowler. Personally I think he's the type that will do well in FC cricket and with the dukes ball, but I wouldn't have picked him for a tour of Australia.

This also shows the fallacy of not bringing Motie or Cornwall. The second test bowling attack is going to be a lot worse than this one.

Beamer

I still don’t understand why there are 3 different balls in tests anyway.
I get why Dukes and Kookaburra are suited to different conditions. Personally I like Dukes, cricket has been much more interesting in the Caribbean since we switched.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
In other news Mayers won't bowl for the rest of the series and Roach has a thigh injury which is being monitored. Raymon Reifer is out now as well.

Marquino Mindley has been called up as cover. He's a seam and swing bowler. Personally I think he's the type that will do well in FC cricket and with the dukes ball, but I wouldn't have picked him for a tour of Australia.

This also shows the fallacy of not bringing Motie or Cornwall. The second test bowling attack is going to be a lot worse than this one.
That's your best strategy to win this Australian team.

Slifer

International Captain

Why isn't Mayers bowling anymore?

ataraxia

International Coach
To share the bowling around as much as WI did, with 5 bowlers (and Chase and Brathwaite), it's a bit funny to have two injured. But not great for WI, who've been competitive thus far imo

Slifer

International Captain
To share the bowling around as much as WI did, with 5 bowlers (and Chase and Brathwaite), it's a bit funny to have two injured. But not great for WI, who've been competitive thus far imo
I honestly expected them to fold for under 200 in both innings so yeah I'll take this little morsel .

Beamer

I honestly expected them to fold for under 200 in both innings so yeah I'll take this little morsel .
Tage batting so well made a massive difference.

I'm disappointed in the bowling though and Kraigg's captaincy from tea on day 1 onwards. He gave up too soon.

Beamer

It might sound a bit controversial, but I don't mind if Kemar misses the next test. He does not offer much overseas at all tbh.