• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
3 t20's, 5 odi's, 2 test's, 2 One day tour matches and 2 4 day tour matches.

June 7: First T20, Colombo

June 8: Second T20, Colombo

June 11: Third T20, Kandy

June 14: First ODI, Kandy

June 16: Second ODI, Kandy

June 19: Third ODI, Colombo

June 21: Fourth ODI, Colombo

June 24: Fifth ODI, Colombo

June 29 - July 3: First Test, Galle

July 8-12: Second Test, Galle

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Josh Hazlewood, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner, Matthew Wade

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

Australia Test squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

Australia A Squad: Sean Abbott, Scott Boland, Pete Handscomb, Aaron Hardie, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Henry Hunt, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kuhnemann, Nic Maddinson, Todd Murphy, Josh Philippe, Matt Renshaw, Jhye Richardson, Tanveer Sangha, Mark Steketee

Aus A schedule

June 8: First one-day game, Colombo

June 10: Second one-day game, Colombo

June 14-17: First-class tour match Hambantota

June 21-24: First-class tour match, Hambantota

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Few interesting calls here. Green misses out on the A-squad and is just in the main team. Not sure why he's not there as he doesn't have IPL commitments, probably workload. T20 squad looks pretty standard, no big calls there. ODI and test squad's much the same. I don't know exactly what mitch marsh has done to make himself a main test squad pick over guys like maddison but what can you do.

A squad is really exciting. Tanveer, hunt and hardie are all really exciting talents. Street missing out is rough but seems like the selectors prefer renshaw as an opener despite the fact he doesn't open for QLD and street does. Not sure exactly what murphy has done to earn an A Call-up.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
t20

1.Finch (c)
2.Warner
3.Marsh
4.Maxwell
5.Inglis
6.Stoinis
7.Wade
8.Agar
9.Haze
10.Starc
11.Zampa

Just realized both ellis and cummins have been ommited from the t20 squad, not sure what ellis did wrong but what can you do.

odi

1.Finch
2.Warner
3.Smith
4.Marnus/Head
5.Stoinis/Marsh
6.Carey +
7.Maxwell
8.Agar
9.Haze/cummins
10.Zampa
11.Starc

Test
1.Warner
2.Usman
3.Marnus
4.Smith
5.Head
6.Green
7.Carey/Inglis
8.Starc
9.Haze/Agar/Swepson
10.Lyon
11.Cummins

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
seems like the selectors prefer renshaw as an opener despite the fact he doesn't open for QLD and street does.
I'm not sure they necessarily do though. Looks far more like to me it will be Hunt and Harris opening for the A side

Murphy in the A team definitely a CA pathways meme pick. To be fair he did bowl pretty well in that Shield game against Tasmania, but one good game does not a career make

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope CA is getting payment up front and in hard currency for this tour given the economic situation in SL atm.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don’t understand the omission of McDermott at all as he’s done well in odis and is one for the future

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's really odd with him coming off a to. Vs Pak. Head seems to be preferred as a backup bat but it wouldnt hurt to at least have him with the A-team. He tonned up vs india-a recently and has been great in the shield.

Rather him then handscomb whos done nothing to fix the technique that got him stopped and got absolutely barbequed in county.

bhejafry

Cricket Spectator
The country doesn't have money for this nonsense right now - there's just no place for cricket in this country anymore nor will there be for some time. This is just another cheap political ploy to distract people from protesting against this farce of a government. If there's any humanity left, people should avoid watching this.
Not having cricket exacerbates the situation. And regardless of who heads the government, such crises may occur again if external circumstances aren't favourable. That's not to say that the Rajapaksas didn't play their part in creating this mess. But neoliberal economic designs are prone to crises and pains.

Himannv

International Coach
Not having cricket exacerbates the situation. And regardless of who heads the government, such crises may occur again if external circumstances aren't favourable. That's not to say that the Rajapaksas didn't play their part in creating this mess. But neoliberal economic designs are prone to crises and pains.
Disagree with the first part. Now is not the time for cricket - there are bigger problems and things need to change.

This isn’t the politics thread so I won’t reply to the rest of it in detail - but I agree with you for most part. This is not just about the current leaders but the way governance has happened in this country for much longer than that. The system needs an overhaul, or as you rightly say, this will happen again.

bhejafry

Cricket Spectator
I get your point. This is not the time for cricket. But such is the scenario that abandonment will be catastrophic for cash-strapped SLC. These visits by top nations are their lifeline. And Australia may not be willing to return any time soon.

Remember how South Africa was appalled at Australia's cancellation of their tour a year or two ago? These are tours which happen once in 4-5 years but are crucial for these cricket boards to survive.

Regarding the economics, i was referring to the doctrine imposed by the IMF on developing nations. I'm not an expert on this but my understanding is that small economies are particularly vulnerable to its ill effects. The problem is if there's a crisis governments will need to implement austerity or take a loan, and if the crisis persists more loan will have to be taken and under more difficult terms and chances are they'll fall into a debt trap. In Sri Lanka's case the government dug its own grave to an extent with its capricious and foolhardy approach.