• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
maxwell is the correct inclusion

i hate the "you're in the subcontinent so you must have a second spinner" meme, because if your second spinner is objectively a much worse cricketer than your third pacer (and who ever australia's second spinner could may be, they're definitely not even in the same stratosphere as hazlewood or for that matter boland) you're fighting a losing battle. right now the australian second spinner probably isn't even as good as our tenth pacer on the blocks
Yes. If maxwell is in it needs to be purely for batting reasons. Also he needs to not be dropped for a home track hack (eg. trevor kopf) the second they leave the subcontinent. Give him a couple home test summers to round out his career

Himannv

International Coach
Can anyone actually imagine this clown captaining Australia?
If it's actually a real possibility, all Australians should be ashamed.
He scored over 15,000 runs combined with a solid average and strike rate. Over all formats combined, without doubt he's the best Australian batsman around right now.

Burgey

TBF, News Corp is the Murdoch ****, right? So it may well be true, esp. given Arun's form.

Meanwhile.....

If he'd been doing a CSK dance, you'd have this on your bedroom ceiling.

There's a dozen reasons Warner shouldn't be skipper of Australia, but this clip isn't one of them.*

*It is, however, an advert for compulsory euthanasia.

Daemon

There's a dozen reasons Warner shouldn't be skipper of Australia, but this clip isn't one of them.*

he's tried to suck up to south indian fans with his tik toks as well

needs a tik tok to the head tbh

TheJediBrah

Should have played Rugby. It's a proper sport and no one would care how he acted. He'd probably be the best behaved Rugby League player in history

Gob

International Coach
maxwell is the correct inclusion

i hate the "you're in the subcontinent so you must have a second spinner" meme, because if your second spinner is objectively a much worse cricketer than your third pacer (and who ever australia's second spinner could may be, they're definitely not even in the same stratosphere as hazlewood or for that matter boland) you're fighting a losing battle. right now the australian second spinner probably isn't even as good as our tenth pacer on the blocks
Nuh bruh play the conditions. There are wickets where Michael Clarke/Joe Root can take 5 for 9. Accurate left arm spinners can be match winners on a Galle like wicket and that's why I think Agar is a bigger loss than people think. Play two spinners and Maxwell as a batsman

TheJediBrah

Nuh bruh play the conditions. There are wickets where Michael Clarke/Joe Root can take 5 for 9. Accurate left arm spinners can be match winners on a Galle like wicket and that's why I think Agar is a bigger loss than people think. Play two spinners and Maxwell as a batsman
Agar is a huge loss. Especially if he's going to be replaced by Swepson. Swepson would be useless.

Best result would be calling SOK out of retirement but doubt he'd be match fit. And sober.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can anyone actually imagine this clown captaining Australia?
If it's actually a real possibility, all Australians should be ashamed.
I mean given some of the people who have led Australia before, I think this will actually be a good one.

Jeez you got no idea what you talk of here ever, do you?

I posted it coz it's awesome and I love how good he is with the fans in general since taking over leadership at SRH.

Gob

International Coach
Agar is a huge loss. Especially if he's going to be replaced by Swepson. Swepson would be useless.

Best result would be calling SOK out of retirement but doubt he'd be match fit. And sober.
Kuhnman I guess. Don't rate Holland

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dunno man, whenever Aus gets cute and tries to play three all rounders to combat what are after all anti-cricket SC conditions, they always get dicked. Better off just running with your best batting line up and not trying to get too funky with spin options (such as they are).
Maxwell is definitely the next best bat, especially in these conditions. It'd actually be great if they picked him as the "second spinner" and a "batting all-rounder" instead of a batsman because:
1. He's a better batsman than whoever the next pick would be (Marsh?)
2. He'd give the selectors an excuse to pick the best bowlers and not worry about an actual second spinner

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes. If maxwell is in it needs to be purely for batting reasons. Also he needs to not be dropped for a home track hack (eg. trevor kopf) the second they leave the subcontinent. Give him a couple home test summers to round out his career
Eh I mean if he's only in for injury it's totally acceptable to drop him afterwards. Hopefully not from the squad entirely this time though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kuhnman I guess. Don't rate Holland
I like Kuhnemann but he's a couple of good seasons off being ready. I don't suppose we have any choice at the moment. I think it's tad unfair for Holland that one of his series was in the UAE as bowling there is bloody hard, but he's never looked remotely close to international class.