• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Sylvester

State Captain
For mind I would have gone with Magoffin as he is a tall hit the deck bowler. Also handy with the bat, I guess the selectors either feel hes too old or his pace is up to Test standard although they did pick McDonald as the 4th pacemen so...
But I'll take Geeves over McDonald, he can bat which the selectors love and bowls over 140km/h. Haven't seen him do much with the ball in the ODIs but probably does more in FC.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
For mind I would have gone with Magoffin as he is a tall hit the deck bowler. Also handy with the bat, I guess the selectors either feel hes too old or his pace is up to Test standard although they did pick McDonald as the 4th pacemen so...
But I'll take Geeves over McDonald, he can bat which the selectors love and bowls over 140km/h. Haven't seen him do much with the ball in the ODIs but probably does more in FC.
Will be great to have Geeves tour South Africa. Writes the best blogs, will give a great human insight into the thoughts of a touring bowler.

Matt79

Global Moderator
To those questioning Ponting's decision to bat on, the 10th wicket partnership is currently 32*... So long as they're just throwing the bat and not risking injury or wasting time trying to protect their wicket, that 30-odd runs could be the difference in the end. So long as there are the best part of 5 sessions left on this pitch, it doesn't really matter. When was the last time a young, fit, bowler was injured batting?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
...and that is it.

Good last wicket partnership. May prove crucial if Australia's recent history of bowling last continues.

New ball as always will be crucial.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
To those questioning Ponting's decision to bat on, the 10th wicket partnership is currently 32*... So long as they're just throwing the bat and not risking injury or wasting time trying to protect their wicket, that 30-odd runs could be the difference in the end. So long as there are the best part of 5 sessions left on this pitch, it doesn't really matter. When was the last time a young, fit, bowler was injured batting?
I do not understand what you are getting at.
Still think Ponting has to remove his tampon