• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bollinger has got an abdominal strain apparently (ABC radio) - ruled out of the second test (probs why Ronnie Mac is playing in this one).

The astounding thing is the selectors have called up BRETT GEEVES????

WTF he's rubbish
Well who did you expect them to pick? I don't really rate Geeves either but I can't really think of anyone else I'd be particularly comfortable with other than Bracken and Noffke who have been blacklisted.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Well who did you expect them to pick? I don't really rate Geeves either but I can't really think of anyone else I'd be particularly comfortable with other than Bracken and Noffke who have been blacklisted.
I suppose Geeves took 5 wickets today. And Noffke and Bracken both didn't play the last match. Is Bracken injured?

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Got 6fer against Victoria (probably the strongest current domestic batting side in Australia) and has had a reasonable season, so not too much of a stretch.
Just looking at his figures for this year, they are better than i expected.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suppose Geeves took 5 wickets today. And Noffke and Bracken both didn't play the last match. Is Bracken injured?
Yeah, Bracken and Noffke are both in fact injured which adds to their blacklisting. :p

I do not really rate Geeves, as I said, but he deserves his spot due to a lack of alternatives and his performances over the last two seasons. I hope McGain plays though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
They didn't select him. Looking for youth or some rubbish. After the fantastic result, they'll have to pick him for the next match though. :D

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Bracken and Noffke are both in fact injured which adds to their blacklisting. :p

I do not really rate Geeves, as I said, but he deserves his spot due to a lack of alternatives and his performances over the last two seasons. I hope McGain plays though.
What's up with Bracken? Will he be fit for the ODIs?

Noffke has got the curse of Worcestershire.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You're joking, right? They picked Henriques to open the bowling when Bracken was available?
Talking about it with EWS on Messenger. The day before, Bracken said he was fine. So he may have gotten injured the morning of the game.

Heavy rumour though is that the selectors wanted to give younger players a go.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Talking about it with EWS on Messenger. The day before, Bracken said he was fine. So he may have gotten injured the morning of the game.

Heavy rumour though is that the selectors wanted to giver younger players a go.
In that case, they deserved to get thrashed!