• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, good news is that there definitely will be a result. Still don't get why Ponting batted again, but obviously he has left plenty of time, so it worked out.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, good news is that there definitely will be a result. Still don't get why Ponting batted again, but obviously he has left plenty of time, so it worked out.
Reckon it might've been so they got to bowl last on this pitch, given the way they collapsed it's probably a good thing it happened in the 3rd innings under no real pressure rather than in the 4th chasing a (possibly) small total. That's using a great deal of hindsight obviously.

I really don't see what the big deal is anyway...you bat again and you're still in control of the match with a big lead.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Was referring to me calling for Hilfy to be taken off and then him immediately producing an absolute unplayable brute of a delivery and nearly taking Smith's wicket.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Hilfenhaus the kind of bowler who can cope with lots of overs? I ask because I seem to remember something about back stress fractures not so long ago.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Hilfenhaus the kind of bowler who can cope with lots of overs? I ask because I seem to remember something about back stress fractures not so long ago.
Yeah, pretty sure he can take a fair bit, as this article says

Hilfenhaus has the same quality, as he proved two years ago when he bowled nearly 200 more overs in a domestic first-class season than any other fast bowler in the country. Working hard in a three-man rotation system at the Wanderers was not a stretch.