• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia will definitely have to bat again. I doubt we would enforce the follow on unless NZ got all out for under 150.
Generally that's how it's gone. We put on 450/5d, try to get them for under 300, then try to get 250-300ish declared for whatever, bowl them out for under 300 again.

Or at least that's the plan.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia will definitely have to bat again. I doubt we would enforce the follow on unless NZ got all out for under 150.
I'll re-phase that, NZ won't avoid the follow-on, but you're right that Aust will probably bat again

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll re-phase that, NZ won't avoid the follow-on, but you're right that Aust will probably bat again
Yeah that could easily happen.

Have a feeling NZ will be bowled out for less than 100 in this first innings
I somehow doubt it. I'm not convinced an Australian attack of Bollinger, Harris, Johnson, Hauritz has it in them to take 9 more wickets for 96 runs on this pitch.

I wonder how Harris is going to perform late in the day, considering he's only played one first class match all season.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I like to think I pay attention, but from where did they pluck this NZ top three from? If they do make it to stumps, they'll only have a few dozen runs on the board.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I like to think I pay attention, but from where did they pluck this NZ top three from? If they do make it to stumps, they'll only have a few dozen runs on the board.
Ingram is a goer tbh. The fact he isn't scoring runs is a bit peculiar. McIntosh would happily have 24 runs off 200 balls.

Spark

Global Moderator
Perhaps they're trying to copy Clarke's innings... a little too closely.

Hauritz on? Interesting.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh Timmy. :(

I'm a fan of his batting, but hate his running between the wickets so, so much.

You'd better bloody ton up now, Tim.