• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Why was this thread made before South Africa in Australia, out of curiosity? As far as I know, Australia don't go to New Zealand until next year, and South Africa will be here in a few weeks.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i presume this is in relation to the Chappel/Hadlee ODI series in december, so as usual i predict Australia will win. Looking foward to see how Bond goes this time around.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, my interest in the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy is non-existent. I find it a really pointless series to play annually in an already jam-packed calendar

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i agree. i think the series is a poor attempt to try to create some interest in a bledisloe style clash that just won't happen.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, lame series. We shouldn't be dignifying the Kiwis by playing them every year. :)

Anyway, Im not resting until my Official South Africa in Australia thread gets stickied. :@ They arrive in three weeks, and the 1st Test is less than a month away.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hopefully having Shane Bond will add a good deal of interest to the series - and he will do really well and the series will be competitive. unfortunatley he cant do it all himself.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Craig said:
If the series is exciting as last years one then I will be happy.
It won't be.

Kiwi's seem to be on a downward spiral and the Aussies have always been excellent in ODI's....I pray for a close series but I think a proper shellacking is on the way for the Kiwis. :dry:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shane Bond has the wood on Australia in ODIs, hopefully he can spike some sort of resistence by NZ and make this series a competitive.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
aussie said:
well i presume this is in relation to the Chappel/Hadlee ODI series in december, so as usual i predict Australia will win. Looking foward to see how Bond goes this time around.
My prediction is he'll fail as he didn't look very good to me against SA.

Natman20

International Debutant
andyc said:
Frankly, if this is true, I can't see it being much of a contest :p
He got two centuries in a row last year in domestic ODIs opening so you cant say that he wouldn't be worse than the current openers :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jaques or Katich?

Who do you think should open with Gilly for the ODI's in NZ & beyond to the World Cup, Kaques or Katich. For me if Jaques keeps up his great ODI form in the ING cup between now & when the sqaud is being picked for NZ i'd pick him, since i believe he make a better option at the top that Katich.

What do you ppl think?

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
aussie said:
Who do you think should open with Gilly for the ODI's in NZ & beyond to the World Cup, Kaques or Katich. For me if Jaques keeps up his great ODI form in the ING cup between now & when the sqaud is being picked for NZ i'd pick him, since i believe he make a better option at the top that Katich.

What do you ppl think?
Glenn McGrath