• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm not so sure Stead talking about intent. Guppy, Kane, Devon all got out to shots of intent i.e. going over the top. Phillips was run out. I suppose only Seifert tried to play a long inning. Expecting to score reasonably big score on this deck with Santner at no.7 and Southee at no.8 is quite a stretch. Not so much a worry we lost but for long term sake this lower order batters aren't going to cut when you need quick runs on challenging decks. I don't think the team should change much other than maybe Chapman coming in for Jamieson.

The Hutt Rec

I'm not so sure Stead talking about intent. Guppy, Kane, Devon all got out to shots of intent i.e. going over the top. Phillips was run out. I suppose only Seifert tried to play a long inning. Expecting to score reasonably big score on this deck with Santner at no.7 and Southee at no.8 is quite a stretch. Not so much a worry we lost but for long term sake this lower order batters aren't going to cut when you need quick runs on challenging decks. I don't think the team should change much other than maybe Chapman coming in for Jamieson.
I guess it depends what he meant by intent ... with a score of 150, 1s, 2s and 3s can get you a long way towards getting there. I saw none of that type of intent last night. Dumb shots in the air that were very hard or impossible to time - yes, a few of those.

Flem274*

123/5
may as well have a look at milne. decent chance ferguson, milne, santner and two others are our best t20 bowlers anyway.

not too worried here. nz losing to even the australian under 14s is pretty predictable. it isn't an indicator of how they'll go against other sides.

seifert saw off the fast pakistani thrower so im not going to declare him incapable against the quicks yet.

santner at #7 in t20 is fine. he's a decent biffer and it's best to err on more bowling options in this format.

we do need to work on a 3rd spin bowling option. time for my boi lennox.

guptill
seifert
kane
conway
phillips
neesham
santner
sodhi
milne
ferguson
boult

chapman
cdg/allen
lennox
southee

that's the wc squad

thierry henry

International Coach
Seifert just does not in any way appear to be a good batsman or keeper. Miss hits like half the balls he faces even when making runs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, and with Conway batting so beautifully opening for Wellington, I really struggle to see how leaving him down at number 4 is the right play. My ideal top 5 would probably be Conway, Guptill, KW, Munro, Phillips (with Allen floating around the squad if Guptill goes back to underperforming).

Howsie

International Captain
Didn’t hear much chatter about Seifert during our last series.... oh that’s right he was scoring runs 8-)

Has anyone explained in the New Zealand camp why Tim Southee keeps batting above Jamieson? Madness

the big bambino

International Captain
Kiwi fans have to be the most reactionary on here. A week ago you couldn't stop going on about how good the team was and how gun certain players are, and now it's all about how crap the team is and players are terrible lol

It's ****ing T20 cricket whoever wins is like 80% luck
Yep. It’s been the bat first and win cup. Have the toss and go home.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn’t hear much chatter about Seifert during our last series.... oh that’s right he was scoring runs 8-)

Has anyone explained in the New Zealand camp why Tim Southee keeps batting above Jamieson? Madness
Yeah, I had no problem with Seifert v Pakistan, he looked the goods. Has been **** this series, on less than ideal decks he can really get himself in knots trying to turn the strike over or find the boundary.

And as for Tim, the only explanation is he's the alpha dog and he gets to decide. That was probably laid down as a further reminder after Sydney that he should never be dropped and he's allowed to do what he wants.

thierry henry

International Coach

In my defence I just did a search and every post I’ve ever made about Seifert has been bagging him #consistent

The Hutt Rec

Yeah, I'm wrong there. In my defence I assumed it was a might game.

Are tickets bought for Wednesday valid for today?
Nope, gotta rebuy, and the Wednesday tickets will be refunded separately.

Not sure about this starting at 12 thing, I’d usually still be asleep right now on a Sunday.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What was the point of selecting Bennett if you're not going to even give him a game? Surely it was Bennett in for Jamieson, not Chapman.

There is no-way we are going to win matches with Neesham bowling 4 overs.

Moss

Good to see Chapman brought in. Wish he could bowl.
Commentators talking of Chapman as a bowling option.Shoulder not acting up then?

Getting 4 overs out of Neesham, Chapman and maybe KW or Phillips..well let’s see how they manage it.