• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
@Spark how come you decide to do some modding after the pot was stirred a few days ago by rtb but instead of telling him to cut it out you decide to focus on people who simply reacted to it? your modding is always only about punching down and you should step down imo
It literally did stop. There was an entire game of cricket that happened last night and none of this was talking about during that game of cricket. As far as I was concerned it was done. Then at 4am overnight we get these posts:

I am sorry, who am I attacking?
Who appointed you peacemaker? Let them fight it out :censored:

In fact here are my belated two cents as well :laugh:. Guha looks like a weasel. Always has had his tongue wedged far up the Gandhi parivar's collective buttcheeks (there's Gu in his name after all). Sadly, our brown coolies at home and abroad are *still* easily impressed by Anglophile commie scum. I can guess who else from the desi pantheon qualifies as "world-class" and "required reading".
And it all explodes again, until I log onto the forum for the first time like ten hours later.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It literally did stop. There was an entire game of cricket that happened last night and none of this was talking about during that game of cricket. As far as I was concerned it was done. Then at 4am overnight we get these posts:

And it all explodes again, until I log onto the forum for the first time twelve hours later.
so warn @silentstriker as well whom I literally pointed out to stop after he said it would be his last post on the topic and yet continued an entire day after the fact.

Spark

Global Moderator
so warn @silentstriker as well whom I literally pointed out to stop after he said it would be his last post on the topic and yet continued an entire day after the fact.
I mean, sure. I can make this post:

I am sorry, who am I attacking?
The standard for infractable posts for bringing up a dead/"please stop" topic again. If that's going to be the standard from now on then we can do that. For everyone.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean, sure. I can make this post:

The standard for infractable posts for bringing up a dead/"please stop" topic again. If that's going to be the standard from now on then we can do that. For everyone.
We all know you have infracted posts for that very reason for much less.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What is your actual point here? Do you seriously want me to infract that post or not? Given that I haven't warned or infracted anyone in this exchange.
I am saying a public warning in the thread would have helped given he was bringing it up after the conversation had moved on.

Spark

Global Moderator
I am saying a public warning in the thread would have helped given he was bringing it up after the conversation had moved on.
Mate it was posted at 4:20am my time. Unless you want to (a) pay me or (b) chain me to my computer and force my eyes open Clockwork Orange style, that wasn't ever going to be possible. There's a responsibility on the behalf of posters to try and not **** up their own playground too.

I did ask everyone, quite politely I might add to stop, twice, the last time being two days ago.

How did this get even worse ffs, please I beg you all stop
And within a few hours of that post it had stopped. There were a few more isolated flareups as it died down that I let by as people getting their last word out of their system, then one genuinely Good Post by centurymaker that I left up because it wasn't starting a ****fight but saying something actually interesting (albeit off-topic), and then it stopped. We had an entire game of cricket last night and there was none of this.

And then people here decided that they would start it up again overnight, primarily Arachnodouche and Son of Coco. I'm sorry but I don't see why I'm actually meant to do in that situation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
2nd ODI is tomorrow. Will Australia once again go with 8+3 combination or do they drop Maxwell?
Maxwell is their second spinner. Why would they drop him? Stoinis or Green should be the ones to be dropped.

I would drop Stoinis but I would have also had Green open the batting instead of Mitch Marsh, so....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mate it was posted at 4:20am my time. Unless you want to (a) pay me or (b) chain me to my computer and force my eyes open Clockwork Orange style, that wasn't ever going to be possible. There's a responsibility on the behalf of posters to try and not **** up their own playground too.

I did ask everyone, quite politely I might add to stop, twice, the last time being two days ago.

And within a few hours of that post it had stopped. There were a few more isolated flareups as it died down that I let by as people getting their last word out of their system, then one genuinely Good Post by centurymaker that I left up because it wasn't starting a ****fight but saying something actually interesting (albeit off-topic), and then it stopped. We had an entire game of cricket last night and there was none of this.

And then people here decided that they would start it up again overnight, primarily Arachnodouche and Son of Coco. I'm sorry but I don't see why I'm actually meant to do in that situation.
Fair enough. For me, silentstriker is in the same boat as those 2 and the ones who always show up and in OS' words, "add ghee to the fire". I think there just needs to be a blanket warning to stop discussion on the topic and move on.

Sunil1z

International Regular
@Spark
please delete all non-cricket related comments of last 24 hours and handout infractions or bans . This is the least you can do ?

Spark

Global Moderator
tell silentstriker to shut the **** up instead of having a go at everyone

everyone who has respected a mod's request to stop and have moved on no less
Nah I just don't buy that silentstriker's post there was the trigger for the **** that followed. He shouldn't have kept replying that but there was nothing, absolutely nothing, in that post that justified the reply by Arachnodouche, and then SoC, then it spiralled from there.