• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith is one of the few blokes you see who, when he has failed in a couple of digs, outwardly shows that he is ridiculously determined to make a big score. You can see it on his face but especially in his mannerisms. He's twitchy enough to begin with, but when he's especially determined, all those movements and idiosyncrasies just get magnified to the point where they're really obvious.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If only Kohli wasn't a liar, I was within a few million miles of believing him for a moment there.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
In fairness, tiredness from spending ****ing hours at the crease scoring big tons in the first dig of games may possibly affect someone's motivation to score runs in the second a little.
Yeah, my objection is really to the "only" qualifier. Like... he couldn't just **** up? That's not a possibility? What's the explanation for when he gets out cheaply in the first innings? Low motivation from the last game?

Such little respect for actual competition.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Presume India has the same side come the tour to Australia - and that Kohli is back in form leading up and Ashwin is over his hernia. Let's also presume India goes to Tassie for a few weeks prior to get used to conditions. Can they do better than 1 win and 2 losses? I think they have a decent shout at a drawn series and a not tiny chance for a win.

Gob

International Coach
Presume India has the same side come the tour to Australia - and that Kohli is back in form leading up and Ashwin is over his hernia. Let's also presume India goes to Tassie for a few weeks prior to get used to conditions. Can they do better than 1 win and 2 losses? I think they have a decent shout at a drawn series and a not tiny chance for a win.
4-0

To Estraya that is in case some smart ass says 'yeah agree 4-0 to India'

Victor Ian

International Coach
I think, if Smith is to mould a team of gritty players, it is still a way off. Australia will have at least one batting collapse and that is one chance of an Indian win. Sydney can be very dangerous. All of Starc, Cummins and Patterson will miss 1 or 2 of the tests. Mind you, India will face Warner in Australia. He is kind of the 2nd innings version of the 1st Innings Smith. India showed last time here that they can bat quite well at times. This time around they will better

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would basically come down to how well Shami and Umesh bowl.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The biggest issue with India in Australia for me is just that their spinners wouldn't be that effective as wicket takers, which would mean some of Australia's batsmen other than Smith would likely have good series. The difference between the sides in India was the quality of Australia's overall batting was just fairly low, and nobody had a good series overall other than Smith. Basically everyone struggled to score off Jadeja in particular, and whenever a batsman was getting on top, the spinners would come on and dry up the runs or take a wicket. On Australian pitches, with India likely picking 3 seamers, it's easy to see guys like Warner and Khawaja doing well, while I don't think India would really do that much better with the bat than in India. Which is to say I think they'd do fine, but I think the switch in conditions would help Australia significantly and the gap between the sides in India was fairly small.

I'd expect something similar to last time around, about a 2 or 3 test margin in Australia's favour. I'm assuming overall flatter and higher scoring wickets but less in them for the spinners.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If India pick a wrist spinner, they might snag a game. Hope Kuldeep does well but he'll probably get the Yasir Shah treatment.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are just too many variables of current form, fitness, selection issues, quality of preparation etc. which are impossible to gauge this far away.

I just hope we give ourselves the best possible chance by preparing thoroughly as Australia did.

Then again, we tend to judge these things by the end result. If they'd got smashed 4-0, we'd probably be questioning whether holding a preparation camp in Dubai was a wise move.

indiaholic

International Captain
There are just too many variables of current form, fitness, selection issues, quality of preparation etc. which are impossible to gauge this far away.

I just hope we give ourselves the best possible chance by preparing thoroughly as Australia did.

Then again, we tend to judge these things by the end result. If they'd got smashed 4-0, we'd probably be questioning whether holding a preparation camp in Dubai was a wise move.
I still think England's preparation was good fwiw. Their spinners were ****.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Should Handscomb work his ass off and turn himself into a batsman/keeper? If he could it would give the Aussies more flexibility with a line up like Warner Renshaw Smith Khawaja Handscomb Maxwell Starc Pattinson Cummins Lyon Hazelwood

Gob

International Coach
Should Handscomb work his ass off and turn himself into a batsman/keeper? If he could it would give the Aussies more flexibility with a line up like Warner Renshaw Smith Khawaja Handscomb Maxwell Starc Pattinson Cummins Lyon Hazelwood
No