• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Against England & Australia, out of 9 tosses, India managed to lose 7..

Incidentally, last time around Australia won all four of the tosses to go with winning three of them this time... thats quite some luck to win 7 out of the last 8 tosses.

Winning the toss tends to be a big advantage as you not only bat first in easier conditions but also you don't have to bat last and chase a target, which is never easy.

This is why there should always be much more assistance in the pitch in the 1st session of Day 1 to balance out not having to bat last, but instead you tend to get better conditions first up too. Double advantage.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Toss hasn't played any role in this series TBH. Apart from the low and slow Ranchi pitch, the other matches barely made it to day 4.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edit: Jaddu should have told him if you were good enough to play in IPL you would've known. :ph34r:
"Ask the one who's a better cricketer than you, mate. He is actually good enough to play in the IPL and picked up a few words, Maxwell I mean. Oh oh wait, I meant Warner. Ah damn it, maybe Starc. Hmm, pretty much anyone who isn't you I guess"

burr

State Vice-Captain
Oh no! When you reflect on it though we just didn't have the batting depth beyond Smith so I think a 2-1 scoreline is pretty fair. Let's hope we can weed a few out tomorrow to make it look respectable.

India man, they are a true giant at home. Kudos.

indiaholic

International Captain
I don't think that's fair.. Maxwell, Renshaw, Handscomb, Marsh, and Wade have all played crucial knocks in this series.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Haha have seen this happen in Parsi households..
really mothers say that to their sons in parsi households...?! holy crap!

as far as the test (and series) goes, australia still in with a chance, it's not like our 4th innings record is stellar or something...a couple of early wickets and the floodgates could easily open...

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
It is never abusive.. When I moved to Delhi, after the first year I was calling all my closest friends chutiye.. And that was a new normal. This is something like that and when it comes from a grandparent, it is kinda cute lol

anil1405

International Captain
It is never abusive.. When I moved to Delhi, after the first year I was calling all my closest friends chutiye.. And that was a new normal. This is something like that and when it comes from a grandparent, it is kinda cute lol
If you aren't using such "cute" words you aren't even close.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Two crucial decisions backfired on us yesterday.

1. Shaun Marsh coming out to bat just before tea with a defensive mindset and limited movement = sitting duck or more accurately a sitting 1.

2. Wade taking the extra run on the misfield (thinking he'd get through for 3) which exposed Hazelwood for a full over.

Hopefully we get Rahul and Pujara out before the score reaches 30 which may make India nervous. It will have to be Cummins IMO.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I am not quite sure of anyone giving Australia a chance here, I know stranger things have happened in cricket but the target isn't even 105 now, it's 87 runs for 10 wickets and the morning session seems to be the best one to bat anyway. I mean this team has been superior (overwhelmingly or marginally) in 16 of the last 19 tests they have played and for all the great cricket Australia have displayed[11 out of 10 marks to them] India have still been the better team in 3 out of 4 matches so far.

Last edited:

burr

State Vice-Captain
I think my fav moment/day in this series from an Aus perspective was the draw. I would have backed us to crumble 99 times out of 100 (indeed, as we did today) but we didn't. That's a big step forward.

Reflecting on India, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for Jadeja and KL Rahul moving forward. Particularly Rahul, I like his attitude.

anil1405

International Captain
I think my fav moment/day in this series from an Aus perspective was the draw. I would have backed us to crumble 99 times out of 100 (indeed, as we did today) but we didn't. That's a big step forward.

Reflecting on India, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for Jadeja and KL Rahul moving forward. Particularly Rahul, I like his attitude.
After Australia lost the 2nd test. I thought the moral would be down and out due to all the hard work the've put in, in the first test and first 4-5 sessions of 2nd test. But credit to the team for coming back strong in the 3rd test and stepping their game up.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
ok...with friends (male friends that is) i completely get the interchange...grandmothers and mothers calling their sons/grandsons that in a normal setting kind of boggles the mind a bit, i guess i have to be in the situation to understand the "cuteness" involved...:)