• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't know what the fuss is about. I was surprised to see Pujara walk out to open. The natural, logical thing to do would have been Rahane opening in place of Dhawan, and retaining the rest of the order that has performed well this series.

Sachin looks good out in the middle but he's not scoring many runs. It's only a guess, but it looks to me like his concentration is shot more than his technique with advancing years. Does his token experience in foreign conditions at a crucial no. 4 slot then take precedence over blooding someone else who can possibly repay that leap of faith in years to come?

Back to Rahane, and this will seem odiously premature - does so even to me - but I couldn't help comparing him with Pujara on debut and how composed the latter looked in that chase against the same team three years ago. Rahane looked like he was ****ting himself, in the dressing room and once he got out to the middle. You generally expect players of potential to be somewhat "together" even in their nascency.
Mike Hussey was ****ting in his pants on his debut and he was like 30 years old. If Rahane has anything close to a career like Hussey I'll take it.

L Trumper

State Regular
I don't get it though. I hear a lot of people talk about how if it's 50/50 the benefit can be decided on whether or not they're playing a shot. But if they're not playing a shot, isn't that more of an indication that the ball is missing the stumps? And why an earth should whether they pad it away or miss a drive alter the aggressiveness in an umpires decision?
Nah! if batsman thinks it is missing then he can leave it. But if he is padding, it gives the impression that he is not completely sure about ball's path and making sure it doesn't hit stumps with his second line of defense.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So good from Lyon.

Ishant contributes nothing at all to this Indian team. It is quite amazing how **** a cricketer can be in all facets.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeez that stayed low. Why the **** are these ****s playing back?

Well bowled Lyon.

Ashwin better run wild here.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
honestly all u have to do is defend a few deliveries, they should just have their bat right in front instead of having a batsmen's stance. It's so obvious where they will bowl.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Let that be the end of selectors over-reacting and replacing him with ****ing Doherty and/or Maxwell forever, please.