• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
really all i want out of this series is for clarke to avoid telling lyon to bowl more like harbhajan singh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
QLD do hold all the current domestic titles btw.
I knew this would get a mentioned as soon as I saw you'd replied to my post. And as is usually the case when Queensland hold titles, they aren't actually anywhere near the best state cricket side in any format at the moment. Queensland are just like that.

benchmark00

Clarke, Arthur and Lyon need to sit down and think of ways to build pressure when the latter is bowling. For the past 12 months or whatever Lyon has been leaking runs far too easily, that's the biggest problem. When you build pressure you don't have to bowl a wicket taking ball to get a wicket. Lyon just can't build that pressure.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I knew this would get a mentioned as soon as I saw you'd replied to my post. And as is usually the case when Queensland hold titles, they aren't actually anywhere near the best state cricket side in any format at the moment. Queensland are just like that.
As QLD have proved in a variety of sports over the years, it's not about having the best players, it's having the passion. Other states of Australia just don't get it. It's what's so great about being a QLDer.

The sooner Australia changes their colours to Maroon and select passion, the sooner they'll start winning again.

benchmark00

I thought the great thing about being a queenslander was that if you don't own a pair of shoes there's still a chance you can be in the top 1% of intellects in the state.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Clarke, Arthur and Lyon need to sit down and think of ways to build pressure when the latter is bowling. For the past 12 months or whatever Lyon has been leaking runs far too easily, that's the biggest problem. When you build pressure you don't have to bowl a wicket taking ball to get a wicket. Lyon just can't build that pressure.
Unfortunately, I don't really think it's the planning that's going awry; it's the execution. Lyon's not really been milked; he's just bowled too many loose balls after his first few overs every day. He actually plainly admitted himself when he first came into Test cricket that he was worried about the rigours of bowling long spells and backing up five days in a row because the Futures League doesn't even attempt to adequately prepare bowlers for that, particularly spinners, but I'm disappointed that he doesn't seem to be improving in that regard yet with more experience.

I still think he's comfortably Australia's best spinner and one of the best off break bowlers in the world, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure they're going to be able to come up with a plan that hides the fact that he starts bowling a pie an over after his first spell every day. He needs to work on repeating his action under physical strain, and keeping concentration. The pressure will come then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As QLD have proved in a variety of sports over the years, it's not about having the best players, it's having the passion. Other states of Australia just don't get it. It's what's so great about being a QLDer.

The sooner Australia changes their colours to Maroon and select passion, the sooner they'll start winning again.
I think it's high time you seceded.

Actually, the rest of the country can have you; New South Wales will secede instead.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway, back to the tour...

Does anyone seriously expect Phil Hughes to average double figures on the Indian tour?