• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2018

Who will win the ODI series?

• England

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This tour has been surreal. Probably England's best ever ODI team and Aus are fielding are joke of a line-up and the approach to the games has been balls. I'd whinge about Finch and everyone batting too slowly but what are you supposed to do when your selectors have given you a team with wicket-keepers at 5 and 6 and 5 bowlers? It's not like you can risk throwing your wicket away.

I'm gonna go and eat a streak to make me feel better.
Not Heath?

TheJediBrah

Maxwell injured and we play Carey and Paine together. Yikes. Finch and Marsh were between a rock and a hard place. Go too hard and get out early we collapse to 135 ao. Go at this pace and make big scores and they're criticised for batting too slowly.

I agree that Root should have been punched out of the ground (though we're missing they bloke who would do that) but that middle order is the least inspiring middle order in Australian ODI cricket since the days of AB.

The main difference between the sides is that the English form bats have a licence to hit out because they have depth. The Australian to order can't because we have two keepers and a bowling all rounder in 5-6-7.

310 is not enough but it is defensible. Our bowling has to take some of the flack for the loss here. We went with 5 bowlers and couldn't defend a low but defensible target.

And FFS how terrible is it that 310 is seen as a low score. What a two-hour state for the game to be in. 300+ should be the exception, not the rule.
England's no. 8 was better than Australia's no. 4. Comfortably too.

Cow

Banned
How humiliating is it to wake up in the morning and realise that this Cow was right and I was wrong? I don't want to live.
And FFS how terrible is it that 310 is seen as a low score. What a two-hour state for the game to be in. 300+ should be the exception, not the rule.
This is sour grapes. You're bemoaning England's godlike batting talent not the state of the game.

Borges

International Regular
Yeah, keep gloating. With the cow that flaunts its silliness to cheer you from the sidelines.

Just give me a baggy green cap; let me wear that and go stand in a corner. Facing the wall.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I absolutely know
Well explain to me how "peaking" and therefore winning games would give someone a chip on their shoulder? It's the complete opposite.

And I really do hope no one is reading cows and Mr Myagis ? (A fecking kiwi anyway) and thinking that is reflective of the views of most English fans. Shame on you if you are.

trundler

Well explain to me how "peaking" and therefore winning games would give someone a chip on their shoulder? It's the complete opposite.

And I really do hope no one is reading cows and Mr Myagis ? (A fecking kiwi anyway) and thinking that is reflective of the views of most English fans. Shame on you if you are.
Who cares what Cow thinks? It's a moo-t point......

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why Minnows should not be playing at the World Cup or at the highest level. All you "speaking for the minnows/associates" types, this should be the slap on your face you need. What a terrible mismatch.

India - England series which should be a proper match between two powerful teams should have been a 5 match series instead of this travesty

TheJediBrah

This is why Minnows should not be playing at the World Cup or at the highest level. All you "speaking for the minnows/associates" types, this should be the slap on your face you need. What a terrible mismatch.

India - England series which should be a proper match between two powerful teams should have been a 5 match series instead of this travesty
Yeah but you can't predict that a team's best 6 or 7 players are all going to miss the series when you're making the scheduling

As for your first point, did you miss what happened in the Scotland/England game? Associates should absolutely be playing in the World Cup

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I dont think you understand what having a "chip on your shoulder" means.
Insane levels of hyperbole in the press don't help. Read any of Dobell's fellating nonsense on how England are setting the benchmark. What exactly is so novel about scoring mountains of runs? Limited overs batting has been on an upward trajectory for most of the last twenty five years. Records being broken aren't indicative of any real strategic innovations being brought to the format. Eng have simply chanced upon the ideal combination of strikers in a greatly favorable era for batting. Commending them on circumstance is the same as commending Aus on revolutionizing wicket keeping-batting through Gilchrist. It's not reproducible at will.

Last edited:

Daemon

Yeah but you can't predict that a team's best 6 or 7 players are all going to miss the series when you're making the scheduling

As for your first point, did you miss what happened in the Scotland/England game? Associates should absolutely be playing in the World Cup
I think BW was attempting sarcasm. Pretty sure he's a very strong anti big 3 pro associate guy.

TheJediBrah

I'm pretty impressed by England's ODI side, not sure how much is hyperbole tbh. Maybe a little. They've managed to really focus on the format and utilise the best of their talent to suit their game plan. If they can maintain their star players' form and these sorts of wickets for the WC they should absolutely go in as favourites.

OverratedSanity

I think it was an attempt at a joke

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm pretty impressed by England's ODI side, not sure how much is hyperbole tbh. Maybe a little. They've managed to really focus on the format and utilise the best of their talent to suit their game plan. If they can maintain their star players' form and these sorts of wickets for the WC they should absolutely go in as favourites.
I think they will and should go in as favourites as things stand now.........but they did in the CT too so that doesn't mean they will win it. This series is just a joke really and whilst I'll never get tired of smacking the Aussies in anything, even I'm struggling to Bwahahaha too loud about it.

It's just a shame this focus on ODI cricket seems to have come at the expense of our test team, I "might" be OK with that if we do win the WC next year, but of we don't.........all of these records and wins will mean absolutely nothing to me.

As for the Aussies, they will be a force to reckon with come WC time for sure........all this **** in between really doesn't count for jack.