• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Associate Tri-Series

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
18 Aug - Canada vs Bermuda
20 Aug - West Indies vs Bermuda
22 Aug - Canada vs West Indies
24 Aug - Final

All matches start at 12:00 p.m. at Maple Leaf Cricket Club (13811 Dufferin Rd, King City, ON)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Findlay, Johnson, Baugh, Roach. Canada would be unhappy if they do well. And Nash has never been much of an OD batsman.

All talented, mind. Just not very good players at this stage.

roseboy64

Pretty sure the XI will be:

Gayle
Chattergoon
Sarwan/Marshall
Marshall/Sarwan
Findlay
Nash
Baugh
Taylor
Mohammed
Powell
Edwards

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure all the new names will get game time. Considering that this plus Chanderpaul is said to be the CT squad.

roseboy64

Agreed. BTW, since when did the West Indies become an associate. Things are worse than I thought............

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
*yawn*

What a pathetic series.
why? Series like this are a must have if the current Associates are ever going to bridge the gap. Should be more of them - more interesting than a 7-match series between 2 Test teams for mine.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
why? Series like this are a must have if the current Associates are ever going to bridge the gap. Should be more of them - more interesting than a 7-match series between 2 Test teams for mine.
Well, for starters they are squeezing four games into less than week, which I don't think is particularly good scheduling. Secondly, the West Indies, poor as they may be, are out of place playing against Bermuda and Canada. Also, how benefical will this series actually be for the Associates? I can see it hindering them much more than helping them, for the reasons I outlined.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Well, for starters they are squeezing four games into less than week, which I don't think is particularly good scheduling. Secondly, the West Indies, poor as they may be, are out of place playing against Bermuda and Canada. Also, how benefical will this series actually be for the Associates? I can see it hindering them much more than helping them, for the reasons I outlined.
I feel this series should have involved West Indies, Bangladesh & Canada. No use playing Bermuda. I would have rated better USA plying then Bermuda inspite of gaining ODI status. Anyways good for them.

Can anyone say how the weather over there is? Can the series be played without any washout?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
From experience watching Kenya try to get games against the Test teams, I would guess that scheduling it that way was the only way Windies agreed to it.

I disagree that the Associates will gain nothing. Sure they are expected to lose, but they will gain very valuable experience from it. Windies gain nothing and that is where i think the current ODI table gets it wrong. If the Test teams were able to gain points from playing the Associates (in matches that are already accorded full ODI status anyway), they would be more open to playing them and the gap between the two would be bridged much quicker.

cricman

International 12th Man
I am Livid! The Hypocrisy of the West Indies Cricket Board ... Calling the Same Ground Inadequate to play International T20's vs Bangladesh and Pakistan yet agree to play on the same ground before hand?

Teams do get points by playing Associates Bangladesh's rise from 5 points to 45 points into the Buildup to the World Cup is a Testament to that ...

The difference is At best the West Indies may gain 1 point for playing a team so low on the ODI table

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Teams do get points by playing Associates Bangladesh's rise from 5 points to 45 points into the Buildup to the World Cup is a Testament to that ...

The difference is At best the West Indies may gain 1 point for playing a team so low on the ODI table
Teams only get points from playing other teams on the ODI table. Only Ireland and Kenya are on the table so far, so they are the only teams that points can be earned from. Windies cannot earn any points from either of these teams.

roseboy64

The West Indies is responsible for the entire Americas region though so I think series like these are supposed to be played.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel this series should have involved West Indies, Bangladesh & Canada. No use playing Bermuda. I would have rated better USA plying then Bermuda inspite of gaining ODI status. Anyways good for them.
I would far rather have had Bangladesh play than Bermuda, no question about it. But to say that the USA should be playing is going a little over the top. Remember what happened in the 2003 World Cup? Smashed around by Astle and McMillan, then bowled out for 65 against Australia.