• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup Thread

Xuhaib

International Coach
forget the cricket I am sure we are in for some horrible commentary I guess its time for those ear plugs.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Devo about no Chandimal. Happy to see Hearth and Kandamby back. I was surprised when they missed the last couple series. Not sure why the went Kapugedera over Chandimal. No surprises with Perera and A Mendis missing out, was always on the cards.

Lostman

State Captain
. Not sure why the went Kapugedera over Chandimal.
I just saw that SL A are touring Australia. Selectors probably valued the A tour as a more valuable experience for the youngsters than the Asia cup. Since they might not have got a game anyway.

Himannv

International Coach

slowfinger

International Debutant
IMO Playing XI for Pak against SL.

Butt
Shahzaib
Umar
Malik
Afridi
Razzaq
Akmal
Amir
Akhtar
Asif
Ajmal

No, we need more batsmen than that, and that also puts pressure on Shahzaib and Umar... But yeah that looks like a lethal bowling attack.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
De Silva seems like a gun selection to be selector... Seems like there was solid reasoning behind each selectorial decision.. Love the fact that there is a selector who is willing to answer every question and still not make a fool of himself in public.. WAG!!! :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Butt
Shahzaib
Umar
Malik
Afridi
Razzaq
Akmal
Amir
Akhtar
Asif
Ajmal
If they play to their potential, that is a bloody awesome side under any condition..

Spin with Ajmal and Afridi..

Pace and Swing from Asif, Akhtar and Aamer...

All rounders in Malik and Razzaq..

Only thing would be the slightly weaker batting, but you can always change that by having Kamran open and have one of the openers and everyone else drop one spot down.. If only Pak could learn to play more professionally, they would be almost unbeatable..

Lostman

State Captain
De Silva seems like a gun selection to be selector... Seems like there was solid reasoning behind each selectorial decision.. Love the fact that there is a selector who is willing to answer every question and still not make a fool of himself in public.. WAG!!! :)
Agreed with what you said and like the overall squad.
However, he is getting killed on SL message boards for selecting Kapugedera again.

Lostman

State Captain
Kapu saves as much runs as he scores perhaps... would kill to have such a fielder in our team.
63 innings @ 22 is aweful.
Either way I think he is under a lot of pressure to score in this tournament. I think it is going to be his last chance for a WC spot.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
If they play to their potential, that is a bloody awesome side under any condition..

Not really...Asif's that not that in ODI's, Akthar is a bit of a desparation call if ever I saw one and is pushing 35 and Malik and Razzaq are hardly that good.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Not really...Asif's that not that in ODI's, Akthar is a bit of a desparation call if ever I saw one and is pushing 35 and Malik and Razzaq are hardly that good.
the tourney is in Dambulla could see Asif having a feast there if its the usual Dambulla.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The pitch is becoming flatter. The last ODI plaed there both teams scored 270+. But at night ball swings a lot. So Asif, Kulasekara, Zaheer Khan, Mortaza and perhaps Rana Naved in for a feast. Hope there was Vaas to take advantage of it. Would have deadly on these tracks.

Xuhaib

International Coach
hope Asad Shafiq gets a game played a few with him when I spend a summer at Rashid Latif cricket acadamy many many moons ago.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain

Only thing would be the slightly weaker batting, but you can always change that by having Kamran open and have one of the openers and everyone else drop one spot down.. If only Pak could learn to play more professionally, they would be almost unbeatable..
I had to put in Malik because YK and Mo Yo are not there....just look at what potential team Pakistan can have if those goons of PCB were to have any ethics what so ever....i would put Mo Yo and YK in the middle make Kamran open with Butt...but unfortunately...it is not to happen...

L Trumper

State Regular

Butt
Shahzaib
Umar
Malik
Afridi
Razzaq
Akmal
Amir
Akhtar
Asif
Ajmal
As always bowling is miles ahead of batting dept. Then again I don't think Amir, Akthar, Asif can stick together for more than 1 match. Hope I am wrong though. Akthar selection is the only reason that helped me to care about this tournament. Hopefully he can do something good before finally calls it quit.