• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2018 in UAE

Bijed

International Regular
I must say, as a neutral (though I was rooting for Afghanistan), this has been a highly enjoyable tournament to follow. Some really tense games, great stuff.

Well done India, and well played Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Its really time up for Dhoni. Get Pant in and play this team

Sharma
Dhawan
Rahul
Kohli
Jhadav (If he still has his leg)
Pandya/Jadeja
Pant
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bhumra
Chahal

srbhkshk

International Captain
Its really time up for Dhoni. Get Pant in and play this team

Sharma
Dhawan
Rahul
Kohli
Jhadav (If he still has his leg)
Pandya/Jadeja
Pant
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bhumra
Chahal
I'd go with the same, except I don't trust Jadeja in the least in any pressure situation and would switch Pant and Hardik's position.

Burner

International Regular
Pant can't hack it at domestic so he's supposed to magically dominate in ODIs? Dhoni has not been great but there's no one breathing down his neck with solid performances either. I think India are stuck with Dhoni for the WC.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Pant can't hack it at domestic so he's supposed to magically dominate in ODIs? Dhoni has not been great but there's no one breathing down his neck with solid performances either. I think India are stuck with Dhoni for the WC.
In the current era 0(1) is far better in most games than 35(60). And Pant had a very solid season last year and a great IPL.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
From what I have seen of Pant he can do well in ODIs and deserves his chance considering how Dhoni is stinking it up.

Burner

International Regular
Haha, that's a really terrible way to analyse when you completely ignore the context. In todays match 35(60) is infinitely better than 0(1). If you as a team would rather have 0(1) because "current era" then you have bigger problems to worry about.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Haha, that's a really terrible way to analyse when you completely ignore the context. In todays match 35(60) is infinitely better than 0(1). If you as a team would rather have 0(1) because "current era" then you have bigger problems to worry about.
Today's context is not going to be repeated very often in England. 300 and over will be the norm at the WC more often than not. We can't afford to have a past-it Dhoni pottering about at a SR of 65.

cnerd123

likes this
MSD getting praised for this innings on Indian media outlets and social media.

Disappointed I missed the game, but it looks like it wasn't actually as close as the final score suggests. BD were in with a good chance when Kedar retired hurt but Bhuvi and Jadeja took it away from us. Ah well. We'll beat India in a final one day.