• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs West Indies 2019

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win that. Always a good feeling getting the first win. But we shouldn't be complacent. Same thing happened in the WC campaign for us, and then we all went downhill. This wicket is not a bad one for cricket. Good old fashioned cricket. Whoever wins the toss will be looking to bowl first.

Jason Holder was one of the stars of the show today. Decent debuts for Shepherd and Hayden Walsh Jr. Chase as well, with that test match approach to batting sums up the performance by us.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
A surprisingly cerebral performance from us, I was pleasantly surprised.

When I saw how much the ball turned in the 1st innings and how big the ground was I thought it would be a typical 2014-2019 Windies performance with lots of catches in the outfield and poor shot selection. I was delighted to be proven wrong. Chase and Hope played to the situation perfectly.

I also liked how Pollard mixed up the bowling and set attacking fields to new batsmen. That is something Holder hardly ever did. If this bowling attack works out we will have a left arm seamer, a right arm fast bowler, 2 right arm seamers, a leggie an an offie. That is the most balanced attack we've had in ODI cricket for years.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Would pollards vast experience in t20s over the years benefit west indies in terms of setting fields and saving runs?

Beamer

Of course yeah. He's played more T20s than than there are degrees in a circle.
Plus he's just more naturally proactive then Jason anyway. Jason is a 'keep doing the same thing if he doesn't think it's broken' type. Hence the lack of innovation in the field or bowling changes during his ODI captaincy.

Pollard will be a better captain in the field, there's no doubt about it. We'll see if he performs well enough to earn his place though.

I am excited to see what Jason Holder will achieve now he is unburdened by captaincy. His bowling today was absolutely superb. I think he can start achieving in ODI's what he has done in tests.

Beamer

It’s a match up for the ages . The way WI have approached the innings they seem to think 220 will be enough ? If they can get there
The pitch was pretty bad tbh. Turning a lot and slower balls were very hard to time.

If we bowl half decently we should win comfortably. That's a big if though.

I must say I've enjoyed our approach to batting so far. We've really been found wanting in recent years on pitches like this, but we've played very sensibly.

Jack1

International Debutant
247 is a good score no doubt. I feel like 220 might be the cut off for Afg. Remains to be seen. Rahmat Shah whilst a good player does enjoy gifting his wicket away, he isn’t ruthless enough.