• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2019

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonderful stuff! Bangladesh isn't an easy place to tour either, so a very impressive win for the Afghans.

Spark

Global Moderator
I normally take teams salvaging a draw with the help of rain as just being part of test cricket, albeit not an ideal one, but I'd have been so gutted for Afghanistan if Bangladesh had escaped there. So pleased for them (and Rashid WAG)!
I honestly wouldn't been that bothered had Bangladesh actually batted in a manner appropriate to saving the game tbh. But as soon as Shakib played that ********* shot and then the rest played big booming drives and wild flashes outside off, nah. That's not just "would have lost without rain", that's "actively deserve to lose ASAP".

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done Afg

Fantastic from Afg.
Does Rashid Khans bowling action remind you a little of Paul Adams. Not as extreme of course but there is some part of it that reminds me.

I know in that Kia Super Duper Omega League in the UK there is a woman who is Paul Adams V2. I dont know which coach suggested that action but anyways..

trundler

Massive respects for Rashid Khan. He's done this with very little FC experience behind him. The list of young and gun T20 spinners who can roll over BD in tests can't be very long either. Incredible.

Daemon

I honestly wouldn't been that bothered had Bangladesh actually batted in a manner appropriate to saving the game tbh. But as soon as Shakib played that ********* shot and then the rest played big booming drives and wild flashes outside off, nah. That's not just "would have lost without rain", that's "actively deserve to lose ASAP".
Soumya taking a single off the second ball with #11 at the other end was just mind boggling.

madrid2000

Cricket Spectator
Extremly happy. This is one of the biggest win for Afghanistan. Just to put things in perspective: Bangladesh took 60 games to win 2 test matches. Afghanistan took 3 games - same as Australia.

It will take decades for us to compete in non asian conditions, but in asian conditions we are pretty competetive. With a little more experience we will do even better.

BD shot themselves in the foot by just playing spinners. Our spinners are better then anything they have ever produced.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Afghans. If they could find a regular base to host teams in Asia I reckon they’ll win quite a few games.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This is without Mujeeb ur Rahman, whom I consider a better bowler than Rashid on flatter tracks. Think of them bowling in tandem.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Mohammad Nabi set to retire apparently.

On a side note, I love how crisp the Afghani players' baggy reds look. Fresh out of the box, aren't they? :-D

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Extremly happy. This is one of the biggest win for Afghanistan. Just to put things in perspective: Bangladesh took 60 games to win 2 test matches. Afghanistan took 3 games - same as Australia.

It will take decades for us to compete in non asian conditions, but in asian conditions we are pretty competetive. With a little more experience we will do even better.

BD shot themselves in the foot by just playing spinners. Our spinners are better then anything they have ever produced.
Are you Afghan?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Mohammad Nabi set to retire apparently.

On a side note, I love how crisp the Afghani players' baggy reds look. Fresh out of the box, aren't they? :-D
If they are anything like the SACA baggy reds, it won't take long for them to turn pink in the sun. Seeing Lloyd Pope in his fresh new cap next to Callum Ferguson sporting one that has likely seen 100ish Shield games was quite the contrast

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
If they are anything like the SACA baggy reds, it won't take long for them to turn pink in the sun. Seeing Lloyd Pope in his fresh new cap next to Callum Ferguson sporting one that has likely seen 100ish Shield games was quite the contrast
Are you sure Pope wasn't just fielding without a hat? ;-)

Bahseph

State Captain
Recently saw some comments made by The BCB president? Or one of the bead administrators. Voicing his non-approval of some of the players in the team like Sarkar and Das. Seems really idiotic from a man in that position to publically call them "not test players", even if it's true.