• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 13 - 17 Feb 2021

Teja.

Global Moderator
Just wondering what could have happened if India won the toss in 1st test.. it was practically a road for first two days. Rohit in that form might have scored a massive massive score even a 300+.. hoping to see it happen in the next test.. once he gets set, he can bat forever with his style..
Dire post. Let’s stay classy after a win and not try take away credit from a great win by England in the first test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
England outplayed us, like I noted earlier, we did not even play badly which tells you how well England played. They were a level above any team who have beaten India in India in recent times IMO. Even the 2012 England wins and the Pune test in 2017 had India playing bad cricket, but at worst, our cricket was at an average level and for a lot of the game we played good cricket. Root, Anderson and Leach were a level above good and that made the difference.

D

Deleted member 38150

Dire post. Let’s stay classy after a win and not try take away credit from a great win by England in the first test.
I didn't mean to discredit Eng's victory.. sorry if it sounded that way..
It is just about rohit's innings. Just wanted to wonder about an "what if" scenario in the 1st test, considering rohit's innings this test.
In a flat road, IMHO Rohit will be unstoppable, unless he plays a rash shot and gets out..

Just thinking about it, if only he played in tests all through his career (since 2010) in home conditions at least, he would have out scored everybody else and probably have all the records by now.. I know this is just an imaginary dream, but really he must be the most under achieved batsman for his talent level (in tests)..

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I am not complaining at all. I am just wondering how lucky Eng got in 1st test. If they lost that toss, Ind would have most likely scored a 700+ total from which it will be very difficult to come back from in the series. But this makes it a more even series and will be more interesting in the next 2 tests..
as good as that pitch was i get the feeling a 300 playing 300 first innings score type pitch suits our batting more than having to grind for a long time and post 500+ scores which is what England did. This is because of the number of 'impact' players we have. Our batting didn't fire consistently even in Australia.

centurymaker

International Captain
I didnt know this was an actual rule. Sounds a bit weird to dock points for pitch preparation? Doing it for over-rates is dumb enough but this feels even stupider.
No such rule mate!!

India Team is not responsible for the pitches. Groundsmen are so teams don't get docked any points for pitches.

D

Deleted member 38150

as good as that pitch was i get the feeling a 300 playing 300 first innings score type pitch suits our batting more than having to grind for a long time and post 500+ scores which is what England did. This is because of the number of 'impact' players we have. Our batting didn't fire consistently even in Australia.
Australia is a different story, but in home if we get a good start, big totals are inevitable. Anyone (even the No.8 batsman) can score a century in home :)

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yeah, india makes 500+ totals regularly at home, we had a bad game in the first test and England played very well but normally we do very well on flat-ish home pitches.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Meh, India would have been rolled out for 300 of in first test had they won the toss.

Most of them had real difficulty adapting back to home conditions having not played on it for 1.5 years.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've seen a bunch of outlets asserting that the laws allow points to be docked for poor-rated pitches but no one has actually, you know, quoted the relevant law.
i'm wondering if they've confused the demerit points from the "pitch monitoring" system (which seems to work pretty much the same way as code of conduct breaches) and the World Test Championship points.