• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had to nip out for a bit, is it play until 7 tonight to make up for the rain delay yesterday?

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Had to nip out for a bit, is it play until 7 tonight to make up for the rain delay yesterday?
It's a rule that you can only be a commentator if you somehow believe, mistakenly, that you can make Jos Buttler into a genuine test batter.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
The stupid thing is I really want to see Buttler in this team now. I know I know...
I'd rather he plays than Billings if Foakes still ill next week.

Buttler is hideous outside the off stump when there's even a hint of movement. Opening regardless of this teams mindset is just a no.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Just tuned in post lunch and England are at it again. They're giving it a good go again.

Why did Kane change Bracewell? Even Leach had to bowl lots of overs to take wickets. Just like England we should take the punt too and keep Bracewell on throughout from one end. It's not like Wagner or Boult are creating lots of chances.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd rather he plays than Billings if Foakes still ill next week.

Buttler is hideous outside the off stump when there's even a hint of movement. Opening regardless of this teams mindset is just a no.
Haha yeah I definitely don't want him to open.

If Foakes doesn't make it though surely they should just have Bairstow keep and play Brook. I mean they should actually just do that anyway.

Reactions: FBU

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Just tuned in post lunch and England are at it again. They're giving it a good go again.

Why did Kane change Bracewell? Even Leach had to bowl lots of overs to take wickets. Just like England we should take the punt too and keep Bracewell on throughout from one end. It's not like Wagner or Boult are creating lots of chances.
People bagging Bracewells selection but he hasn't bowled all that badly. Even his batting must be a TM directive.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

If Foakes doesn't make it though surely they should just have Bairstow keep and play Brook. I mean they should actually just do that anyway.
Aye a better shout and one you'd hope they do in the event Foakes still

This bout of COVID I know has been a long one for a few people. So might be likely.

nzfan

People bagging Bracewells selection but he hasn't bowled all that badly. Even his batting must be a TM directive.
Didn't watch him bowl today but when they showed the highlights of Ollie Pope kind of understood why Kane isn't keeping him on. Lots of boundary balls to Pope. Short, full, pretty much missing the length.

I thought he could have scored some runs but I see he hit a big one and has holed out.

Still I think he should be bowling now ahead of Boult.

Moss

Didn't watch him bowl today but when they showed the highlights of Ollie Pope kind of understood why Kane isn't keeping him on. Lots of boundary balls to Pope. Short, full, pretty much missing the length.
Yeah didn’t hit the right areas often enough, leaked too many runs. To be fair, none of the pacers have kept it particularly tight either. Kane needs to try Mitchell and see if he can get a few cheap overs in.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain

Bairstow has scored two hundreds without the gloves. Keep him doing what's he's doing. Not sure Billings is the answer, not even the best keeper/bat at Kent.