• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2018/19 Aus summer women's cricket

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but surely we can have a thread about womens cricket in Australia without slagging it off all the time
That would definitely be preferable.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Hope we can level the series, or at least make it a closer finish. Tahuhu's form this year has been a bit of a concern.

TheJediBrah

I more or less agree with social and TJB but surely we can have a thread about womens cricket in Australia without slagging it off all the time
Yeah that's my fault I was really just expressing how disappointed I am that I can't enjoy it as much as others can, because they seem to be great ganes. I don't know what it is, I can watch an under-14s match which is probably an even worse standard but for some reason can't enjoy this. Maybe because it's on TV and most cricket that's on TV is high-level mens and the difference is more obvious than watching live.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I more or less agree with social and TJB but surely we can have a thread about womens cricket in Australia without slagging it off all the time
Yeah I think women's cricket probably has a big enough following now on CW for threads about specific tournaments to be about the cricket played and not general comments about women's cricket. People who aren't interested in it should probably not open the thread, or start a more general one.

Imagine if in every match thread here you had a bunch of cricket sceptics talk about how it's not as skilful as baseball or something, it'd get tiring and make you not want to discuss the games.

_Ed_

Batting first again. Hopefully either Bates or Satterthwaite will fire today.

_Ed_

Bates had a bloody shaky start, but she's playing some outstanding shots now. Australian fielding has been surprisingly poor, by their usual standards.

EDIT: Wareham proves me wrong with a sharp c&b.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Ugh. That got very ugly after Bates fell. I think we're about 40 short.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a lot of people at AB Oval. It's a great ground for watching cricket and the temperature today is ideal for spectating.