• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not overly thrilled by the incoming Warriors coach saying a bloke who's facing five charges of aggravated ***ual assault would be an "outstanding acquisition" for the club, should he be acquitted...

Burgey

Anyone heard via any NRL fora or siteswhat might be the go with Peni Terepo? Listed as an “indefinite” injury but there’s no mention of what his injury is, and no one in the media/ thee club/ anywhere has said a thing☕. Hope the bloke is doing ok

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone heard via any NRL fora or siteswhat might be the go with Peni Terepo? Listed as an “indefinite” injury but there’s no mention of what his injury is, and no one in the media/ thee club/ anywhere has said a thing☕. Hope the bloke is doing ok
I'm pretty sure he had an epileptic fit, but no-one is saying anything publicly for whatever reason.

Burgey

Bloody hell, that's grim. Can see Super League basically shutting down again then.

Am worried about Friday night's game - 5 day turnaround after slogging it out in the wet. Playing a desperate outfit too. Should win but never know. weird feeling to be so invested, haven't had expectations like this since probably 2005 tbh

Shady Slim

International Coach
so uh i'm not going to say anything defamatory but has anyone heard the, uh, rumours, going around about a certain under pressure coach?

grim reading if you find them

Kraken

International 12th Man
so uh i'm not going to say anything defamatory but has anyone heard the, uh, rumours, going around about a certain under pressure coach?

grim reading if you find them
I most certainly have, and whilst a lot of those so called rumours are coming to the surface now, I heard of them weeks ago, and read that piece of text that's flying around right before the Staggs video came out. It's extremely unsettling tbh, and if it's to be believed, he's completely ****ed his family in the process (which is why *insert coach here* is staying in Sydney)

Kraken

International 12th Man
Bloody hell, that's grim. Can see Super League basically shutting down again then.

Am worried about Friday night's game - 5 day turnaround after slogging it out in the wet. Playing a desperate outfit too. Should win but never know. weird feeling to be so invested, haven't had expectations like this since probably 2005 tbh
Think it'll be a tight game, especially early on. Saints just don't have the quality or the gas to go with the top sides. Dufty and Lomax to cause real havoc though, but ultimately parra 1-12

Kraken

International 12th Man
Not overly thrilled by the incoming Warriors coach saying a bloke who's facing five charges of aggravated ***ual assault would be an "outstanding acquisition" for the club, should he be acquitted...
If, and its a ****ing big IF atm, JDB gets acquitted, and leaves the Dragons, who have stood by him, supported him, paid him in its entirety, let him train with the team (to the absolute detriment of the team as he trained the house down), he would be a massive massive dog tbh. If he's innocent, he owes the dragons big time in my honest opinion. That could be the massive dragons supporter in me talking, I don't know

Shady Slim

International Coach
I most certainly have, and whilst a lot of those so called rumours are coming to the surface now, I heard of them weeks ago, and read that piece of text that's flying around right before the Staggs video came out. It's extremely unsettling tbh, and if it's to be believed, he's completely ****ed his family in the process (which is why *insert coach here* is staying in Sydney)
yup it's just absolutely crazy. only heard them today but that's team destroying and he shouldn't coach again - the league can't ban him, but something more of an unspoken pact between the teams to not let that happen again.

obviously some of it, the stuff to do with the candy, that you can't put solely on him; because once you're on that path it's beyond your control; the stuff to do with, well, you know what - that is just unforgivable in this setting or any setting. as you say, extremely unsettling. couldn't believe it.

Kraken

International 12th Man
yup it's just absolutely crazy. only heard them today but that's team destroying and he shouldn't coach again - the league can't ban him, but something more of an unspoken pact between the teams to not let that happen again.

obviously some of it, the stuff to do with the candy, that you can't put solely on him; because once you're on that path it's beyond your control; the stuff to do with, well, you know what - that is just unforgivable in this setting or any setting. as you say, extremely unsettling. couldn't believe it.
He really shouldn't, but I've seen crazier things happen in this game. Tbh if its all to be believed - the systematic issues that are around that club run waaaaaay deeper than old mate, and there would be loads of players looking at their careers being basically over tbh

well yeah man that's exactly right, there's a few mitigating factors revolving the candy, the most pressing one being that apparently the supplier is a certain star players wife! (not sure if that's mentioned in the main msg, but its a rumour I've heard more than once). I just feel really bad for his family, wife and daughter having to go through all this, and now it'll be even worse as this plays out in the public eye. This is only the tip of the iceberg imo

Shady Slim

International Coach
He really shouldn't, but I've seen crazier things happen in this game. Tbh if its all to be believed - the systematic issues that are around that club run waaaaaay deeper than old mate, and there would be loads of players looking at their careers being basically over tbh

well yeah man that's exactly right, there's a few mitigating factors revolving the candy, the most pressing one being that apparently the supplier is a certain star players wife! (not sure if that's mentioned in the main msg, but its a rumour I've heard more than once). I just feel really bad for his family, wife and daughter having to go through all this, and now it'll be even worse as this plays out in the public eye. This is only the tip of the iceberg imo
yeah on the family this is absurdly - well, to put it in short, like we're just two guys talking about it on a cricket forum - i'm sure the family has the media barbarians at the gate 24/7 trying to get a scoop; that'd be so, so exhausting and so damaging

Kraken

International 12th Man
Mary sacked. Finally. Dragons nailed on to win tomorrow night now, safe as houses. Lomax double

Burgey

They’ll need more than two from him tbh. Mind you, Swans are winning and both my teams are incapable of doing thaT on the same weekend.

Kane Evans signed with the Warriors for next year apparently. Been good off the bench for our blokes this season, but players rarely go there and improve. Hope he does. Seems a good fella

jeez that’s a hard loss for the roosters. Already under manned and looks like they’ve lost at least a couple more tonight. Storm were terrific

Siebold has hired lawyers over this rumours apparently. And he’s back in Brisbane with his family according to reports

Last edited:

Kraken

International 12th Man
Huge huge win. Great work and graft from the lads, hopefully this leads to bigger and better things. Ravalawa actually had a good game tonight, I'm as shocked as you are. Great little sendoff for Mary! Fitzgibbon for the new gaffer please and thank you

Burgey

Was right to be worried about that game as it happens

Waqa Blake get to reggies. Pathetic turnstile. Then with 30 seconds to go He fails to fall on a ball after a kick had gained us 30. Have a crack you clown.
Very clunky in attack again tonight. Disappointing tstl. Minor premiership gone. No way we beat Melbourne and Penrith in this form

Kraken

International 12th Man
Was right to be worried about that game as it happens

Waqa Blake get to reggies. Pathetic turnstile. Then with 30 seconds to go He fails to fall on a ball after a kick had gained us 30. Have a crack you clown.
Very clunky in attack again tonight. Disappointing tstl. Minor premiership gone. No way we beat Melbourne and Penrith in this form
Yeah Blake is garbage. Surely there's a bloke in your Reggies better?? You'll still finish top 4 though, and the wet weather hasn't exactly been great for expansive footy. Can't wait for Saints to get rid of Norman but (even if he had a decent game tonight)