• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

the big bambino

International Captain
Graham was brilliant. Fast between the ears. Plus he has so much utility and can play back row, centre and 5/8. Thought Vaughan and Jake T won the ruck and from there NSW the game.

the big bambino

International Captain
I hated the penalty try for parochial reasons but support what they are doing by giving them. Sick of the cheap shots off the ball that stop try scoring opportunities. imo penalty tries are justifiably given because of the actions of the defending playing. The defender is basically admitting that in his opinion a try is going to be scored and thats why he committed the interference. Trust NSW to put on their best attacking display in the conditions least conducive for it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it was very similar to the Cordner one last year wasn't it? I was hoping they'd give it a penalty try, because the alternative if they don't is ten in the sin bin and the likely repercussions of that are much worse.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
He played worse than he has tonight. Looked so bad he could have played for NSW.
FWIW I didn't think DCE played that badly. A few nice touches is about all you can expect from a half when your middle third gets crushed and you leak 38 points.

Imo the selection that should come under scrutiny is Morgan. Say what you want about him as a half, he isn't a centre and got given a bath by Turbo and Teddy last night. NFI what Mbye is doing in the squad either.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Using Tom T up the guts was a great piece of tactical work by Fittler. Basically they had two full backs in attack following their forwards around the joint, and it was a nightmare for Qld to try to deal with. Tedesco was excellent as well. I mean, you don't put 38 on in an Origin game and have a bad player. The young Newcastle prop was excellent, fmd he plays the ball so fast it's crazy.

the big bambino

International Captain
Its a good symbol of the sort of game Fittler wanted to play. Fast and high energy in attack and defence. His side and bench had plenty of fuel to burn and they out run Qld in attack and smothered them in defence.

the big bambino

International Captain
I was watching the cricket instead and just turned over to see the last play. I don't know how well he played but I'd give that last play to Mitchell Pearce though Ferguson's tap dancing kept it live enough for the Tedescho touchdown.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I was watching the cricket instead and just turned over to see the last play. I don't know how well he played but I'd give that last play to Mitchell Pearce though Ferguson's tap dancing kept it live enough for the Tedescho touchdown.
It was a good pass, but Fergo was unreal there. You could tell he put more than everything he had into beating that tackle. Monstrous effort.

Cook and especially Teddy carried the spine though. Maloney was awful and Pearce wasn't great outside of that pass (which was very good tbf).

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate Mebourne as much as anyone (probably more) but it's really hard not to be impressed by them. How they've transitioned their dynasty is extraordinary.