• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The sin binning crueled them. Never recovered. Who’d have thought being without Aaron Woods for ten minutes would be a liability

Kraken

International 12th Man
The sin binning crueled them. Never recovered. Who’d have thought being without Aaron Woods for ten minutes would be a liability
yeah good point - it wasn’t a sin bin either but either way it’s dumb from woods. Any danger of us getting a middle forward under 30? We’re wasting prime Ben Hunt + our gun juniors on this ****

Burgey

Also, in a sport replete with **** refereeing, that no try against Taumalolo the other night is possibly the single worst decision in NRL history.

ashley bach

International Captain
Also, in a sport replete with **** refereeing, that no try against Taumalolo the other night is possibly the single worst decision in NRL history.
As blocker Roach said ''I don't really agree with it but it's the rule''
Shame for JT because it was a blockbusting try, one that front rowers dream of.
Watching the replay it looks like the most certain try, the support player had to slow right at the end, but really those inches he was offside would have
had no consequence to the try being scored, No surprises it came at a pivotal time in the game, NQ would have taken the lead by 4 with 20 to go.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apologies in advance to Burgey, but Parra's bad games are too awful for them to be a serious chance this year. They're a rung (or two) below the serious challengers again.

ashley bach

International Captain
Parra were done like a dinner by a hot Broncos tonight. Along with the Cowboys they are continuing to prove to be the surprise packet of the year.
The signing of Reynolds was a masterstroke, one of the best in recent NRL history.

ashley bach

International Captain
Huge game coming up this arvo, 1 v 2 on the ladder, should be a cracker.
Not that I'm tipping Penrith to lose, but $5 on the sharks looks juicy value given their red hot form.

ashley bach

International Captain
@Burgey regarding the single worst decision in NRL history.
''which denies Kyle Feldt an opportunity'' are the words I'll remember for a long time.
What a bunch of horse crap this is, the Tigers player was heading towards the ball and Feldt ran into him.
Despite being wooden spoon bound, after analysis the Tigers came out in the system as being the best roughie of the year @10/1.
I gave them lots of brownie points for their great effort last week losing to Penrith by only 2 points.
Also gave them a a big tick just because Tim Sheens is involved again.
With 79.59 gone on the clock, this has turned out to be the most costly second I can recall in 30 years of punting.
Between myself and a couple others back home, not going to say just how many thousands went down the toilet, it hurts too much to type.
However I'm glad I was fast asleep on the other side of the world, because if I was watching there's little doubt that I probably
would've grabbed my cricket bat and stuck it through the T.V.

mr_mister

Sportsbet gave me a bonus bet for that result which they deemed unfair I guess. A full payout would have been nice

Burgey

Apologies in advance to Burgey, but Parra's bad games are too awful for them to be a serious chance this year. They're a rung (or two) below the serious challengers again.
They fade in and out of games too much this year. Very disappointing. It's like they read their press from the preseason. Mahoney is playing like he's already checked out, and a lot flows from that. Brisbane on Thursday night had a lot of help and a ****load of luck, but they made the most of it tbf. Everyone knows they can beat anyone when they play well - they've beaten Melbourne, Penrith & Canberra away and narrowly lost to the Gummies away as well. Then they lose to the Mange and Tigers. Bank those four points they'e second. They're not a side you'd want to play against in a final, but I don't think anyone expects them to put together 5 or 6 on the bounce to win it.

The Tigers yesterday got completely shafted. Anyone who says higher placed teams don't get a massive leg up has never watched a game of NRL. Was watching it at the London and to say the locals were not impressed is a huge understatement.

Last edited:

mr_mister

They fade in and out of games too much this year. Very disappointing. It's like they read their press from the preseason. Mahoney is playing like he's already checked out, and a lot flows from that. Brisbane on Thursday night had a lot of help and a ****load of luck, but they made the most of it tbf. Everyone knows they can beat anyone when they play well - they've beaten Melbourne, Penrith & Canberra away and narrowly lost to the Gummies away as well. Then they lose to the Mange and Tigers. Bank those four points they'e second. They're not a side you'd want to play against in a final, but I don't think anyone expects them to put together 5 or 6 on the bounce to win it.

The Tigers yesterday got completely shafted. Anyone who says higher placed teams don't get a massive leg up has never watched a game of NRL. Was watching it at the London and to say the locals were not impressed is a huge understatement.
Does this legal action the tigers are threatening have a bee's frozen dick chance in hell of producing something?

Flem274*

123/5
On the video call to a mate I may have accussed the bunker of fixing after that Tigers match. Jesus.

Warriors - Thought we had our best 40 mins all season on the weekend before normal service crept back in. An improved but still very frustrating performance. We looked so ****ing good on attack and defence until we didn't.

SJ finding a little of the old magic immediately worked wonders but we will miss Chanel so much next year. He's been a project for a while but this year he has been our best player tbqh.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yet never the level of outrage when a female Aussie Rules player also refused to wear the pride jersey because of her religious beliefs. Twitter never disappoints either.