• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The world leaders in rugby are the northern hemisphere teams

That’s a goal kicking competition

Best goal kickers in the world are AFL & soccer

So yeah

Flem274*

123/5
union living rent free in socials head tonight.

haven't seen any of this game but i do see we're starting Kosi on the weekend for the first time since ANZAC day against Burgey's lot....we were already ****ed but ooh dear.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Freddie is a complete fraud as a coach
Yeah Tupou and Talakai selections properly bit nsw on the arse. Neither are origin standard and they cost nsw badly.
The old Qld origin fix was in though, christ they got so many ****ing leg ups. Appalling.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Yeah Tupou and Talakai selections properly bit nsw on the arse. Neither are origin standard and they cost nsw badly.
The old Qld origin fix was in though, christ they got so many ****ing leg ups. Appalling.
another win for Shady Slim Thought

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That first 25 minutes of the 2nd half from NSW is the worst I can remember in recent memory (from NSW of course...QLD have been dusted up on a regular basis the past couple of seasons). ****ing awful stuff. They were determined to play the game inside their own 20 with mistake after mistake, and eventually it bit them on the arse, as it should.

Loved Joey saying to Smith and Fatty just now "now we have to listen to all the bull**** you go on with for the next 12 months" haha He's spot on. The famous "QLD spirit" is only present when they win:

Game 1 - QLD Spirit (Win)
Game 2 - No QLD spirit (Get flogged)
Game 3 - QLD spirit (Win)

You'd have to have the IQ of a Queenslander to actually believe it.

Burgey

His success has coincided with the end of the Thurston-Smith-Cronk-Slater era which helped a lot. Decent rep coach in the sense I think he can get a group together but tactically and from a selection POV he went missing pretty badly this year imo

Shady Slim

International Coach
His success has coincided with the end of the Thurston-Smith-Cronk-Slater era which helped a lot. Decent rep coach in the sense I think he can get a group together but tactically and from a selection POV he went missing pretty badly this year imo
well quite the opposite innit? it would have been great if he went missing selectorally, and they just rolled with more or less the same squad as last year.

instead he did what i always feared he would do, which is to pick a team exclusively of channel nine favourites. tupou, who has a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg, was picked for "height", exposed in the very first game when he couldn't even outjump the relatively shorter holmes. martin, who is just a more thuggish josh jackson that plays for a better team. talakai wailed on morgan harper (who sucks) for half a game and he's a BIG UNIT. would struggle to suit up for tonga let alone nsw.

Flem274*

123/5
we're still baaaaaad. also the sky is blue.

eels played pretty ave tbh and at 10-6 in the second half i was hoping we'd sneak a late try in to win the game without leaving them time to do anything about it but the superior fitness and patience of the eels came through.

they played like crap for their standards but they kept the pressure up, we got tired and made our usual stupid unforced errors and then got rekt. better team won.

SJ is toast and should call it a day but with walsh leaving and chanel taking a break next year we will be so light on playmaker options without him. i don't see arthurs, kosi or pene retaining their contracts and montoya can go too tbh if he's going to continue dropping high balls aka failing a core role.

Burgey

I thought Murchie went well for you blokes off the bench. Fanua-Blake is quality too. Was a bit surprised to see Euwan Aiken in the forwards but I think he's made a decent fist of it. Harris is class too.

You've got Niukore coming next year, and tbh I'm sad to see him go, he's a fave of mine. Hits like a train and never lets anyone down through lack of effort. he'll go well for you guys.

I think Egan is solid but if you had a really good dummy half who runs a bit more and to bring those blokes onto the ball, you would be a completely different outfit. Agree SJ isn't the player he was but not sure there are a lot around to take his place tbh, like you said.

I feel like the Warriors are entitled to a lot of latitude given what they've had to play through the past 2.5 years. They've been good considering they've barely been home at all. A lot of sides basically bank their home games - Melbourne, Parra, Manly, Penrith - even wanker pretender sides like the Broncos get a huge lift playing at home. Warriors haven't had that at all for over two years until last week.

Parra were ok. Warriors were up for that last night. They had a real crack. Wasn't just Montoya having trouble under the high ones - all of Parra's back three dropped one at some stage as well. Was a weird night for that tbh. Thought we were reasonably well disciplined and patient, which we haven't always been. Moses ran it well and D Brown with the kick return play again showed he's really coming of age this season after being pretty junk last year in attack.

I still don't know why our outside backs jam in so much on our line. Simonsen gifted a try last night by running in 15 meters when it was 2 on 2. It's obviously something they are coached to do because both sides of the field do it. There's so often no need for them to do it at all.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Jesus that was diabolical in the second half from Saints. Our middle defence is criminal. Thank **** for Ben Hunt (something I would not have said 7 years ago)