• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Off Season Activity Check

Loony BoB

International Captain
Don't think interest will hold as much as it could/should if it's a full calendar year between dev league regular seasons. Offseason and T20 are great and all, but they're nothing compared to the Dev League.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok, (1) It's far from a full calendar year between the last season and the expected start of the new one, so I don't know where that came from...the last season started in August and ended in October of last year IIRC; (2) No one is proposing that this be the regular timeframe.

Unfortunately I do have a life and am in the final stretch of university, so the choices are this:

A. T20 and Offseason club cricket until I have time to organize and run the new season.
B. Nothing until I have time to organize the new season.

Majin

International Debutant
Don't think interest will hold as much as it could/should if it's a full calendar year between dev league regular seasons. Offseason and T20 are great and all, but they're nothing compared to the Dev League.
Gonna have to disagree here, offseason is always a great laugh. All part of the dev league experience imho.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ok, (1) It's far from a full calendar year between the last season and the expected start of the new one, so I don't know where that came from...the last season started in August and ended in October of last year IIRC; (2) No one is proposing that this be the regular timeframe.

Unfortunately I do have a life and am in the final stretch of university, so the choices are this:

A. T20 and Offseason club cricket until I have time to organize and run the new season.
B. Nothing until I have time to organize the new season.
Nothing against you and if you don't have time then obviously something is better than nothing. I was just noting that things are slowing down a lot over the past year and could easily see a T20 tourny and a regular offseason taking us through to late in the year should you remain as busy as you have been. I'm a pretty busy guy too so I can say that I doubt I'd have the patience to set up and manage a DL season either. However, that does beg the question about whether it's time to see if someone else is able and willing? No loss if nobody suitable is, but it's always worth thinking about. If you do see yourself having enough time for everything later on, though, then obviously it's not a problem.

Again, it's nothing against you, just your university for taking such precious time away from us. Bastardly education process...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well my last university hand-in is in the first week of May, I believe. So after that I have a lot of time on my hands, admittedly also needing to find a job and a place to live next year, but that shouldn't be too hard. :ph34r:

As for outsourcing, I'm willing to if I can find someone who is definitely dedicated to seeing things through. Because, WCC aside, no other simulation league on here has had the consistency and longevity of CW XI. And it's not a format conducive to delayed results, as you're clearly aware, so whoever takes over would have be totally committed to getting things done on schedule. Obviously Håkon and I will help out when we can, but I don't expect he has the free time required to do it right now either.

Besides, only 59 have signed in so far. That's barely enough for 4 DL teams...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Make a thread in Cricket Chat appealing for members when the Dev League is about two weeks from starting. That's what got me here in the first place. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

1. LA Camps
  2. RGEWS Cribb
  3. DP Smith
  4. M Corrin
  5. XPA Rose
  6. AEK Maina
  7. AJ Crampton
  8. DP Richards
  9. JR Gray
  10. TV Weber