• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI World Cup or Test series victory in country you have never won ?

ODI World cup or Rare test series win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borges

International Regular
Test Series victory. Even if it is at home, against a country against whom we have always won. ODI is the lowest form of cricket.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
It all depends on what you have achieved and what is left to achieve.

Test Series in SA or AUS for an Asian team.

ODI world cup for SA ,England(Am I getting Englishmen wrong here ?)

For Aus - T20 World cup ?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

ODI world cup for England(Am I getting Englishmen wrong here ?)

Tough call actually. Despite everything, if I had to choose between winning the WC and regaining the Ashes this year, I'd probably go for the latter. Others may differ though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I feel like winning in Australia would matter more to me than the World Cup, as I wouldn’t trade the 2010/11 series for anything, but a World Cup win would be magic. Would put it above most test series just because I’ve never experienced it.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Purists might prefer the Test series, but a World Cup win helps the games at the grassroots and gets kids into the game, which is the most important thing at the end of the day.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Test Series in SA or AUS for an Asian team.

ODI world cup for SA ,England(Am I getting Englishmen wrong here ?)

For Aus - T20 World cup ?
For Australia winning the Ashes is England again is surely priority #1. They've lost here four times in a row. T20 world cup isn't really seen as a big deal anywhere I would think.

For Bangladesh a world cup win would be colossal.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will be greedy and say win the world cup then thrash the Aussies. Can lose the next 10 tests in a row for all I care if we do that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Test series in England or India for me, by a hell of a lot.

Winning the 2015 WC was thoroughly enjoyable, in the same way that a bucket of popcorn is enjoyable. I can't say I really cared about it by the time the Ashes came around a few months later.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test series win in England would be great. They lose Tests fairly frequently, but are very hard to beat at home and India in particular have really struggled over their last few tours there.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Test series win in England would be great. They lose Tests fairly frequently, but are very hard to beat at home and India in particular have really struggled over their last few tours there.
We do have series wins there though, now that Australia is pretty much done I'd say SA is the top target.