• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Auction Draft

weeman27bob

International Regular
Some attack that.. and an ATG middle order to boot. Couple of FTBs as openers but hey, its ODIs. :)
I think the main questions left about my side are:

• Do I try and find a better 6th bowling option than Bevan, and if so do I try and find someone who can do that batting 3 or 4, or do I shift things up so Buttler and Bevan bat one place higher and have my other option slot in lower down the order?
  • Do I go spin or seam for my fifth bowling spot?

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

Marcus Trescothick /
-
Ben Hollioake / o
Aravinda de Silva / o
Doug Walters / o
-
Adam Parore + /
Shane Warne o /
-
Curtly Ambrose o
Allan Donald o

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

• Do I try and find a better 6th bowling option than Bevan, and if so do I try and find someone who can do that batting 3 or 4, or do I shift things up so Buttler and Bevan bat one place higher and have my other option slot in lower down the order?
Bevan at 4 and Buttler at 6 is still pretty good. Bevan had a half and half split between 4 and 6.

Himannv

International Coach

I think all comes down to who you get as your number 7. If it's someone who bowls well I don't think you really need a 7th bowling option.

Bevan and Buttler are batting in their ideal positions so I wouldn't change that.

weeman27bob

International Regular
The other thing I've got no idea about is what order my bottom 3 bat in. Doesn't really matter but all essentially have the same averages.

Himannv

International Coach
Without looking at the numbers, I think you've just about got it right. Maybe Deadly ahead of Waqar perhaps, I don't know. Doesn't matter much I guess.

Himannv

International Coach
CricZo XI

Marcus Trescothick /
-
Ben Hollioake / o
Aravinda de Silva / o
Doug Walters / o
-
Adam Parore + /
Shane Warne o /
-
Curtly Ambrose o
Allan Donald o
It's weird, but I kind of like this team. My only gripe is Hollioake, I think I can live with all the others.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Without looking at the numbers, I think you've just about got it right. Maybe Deadly ahead of Waqar perhaps, I don't know. Doesn't matter much I guess.
One of them ends up batting too high and one too low in the end anyway so it's all good. Would have Waqar at 9 as he could slog a bit.

anil1405

International Captain
Waiting for kk to resend his pics but apart from that everyone else have their first priority picks locked for this round.