• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ v Bangladesh

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact that Kyle Mills has replaced Lou Vincent aswell as Sinclair coming in for the injured Astle probably means that NZ will look to bowl first against Bangladesh, get them out for 100 or less & then get the runs in less than 18 overs.

The bowling attack is Bond, Adams, Oram, Mills, Vettori & Cairns so that suggests to me that they are wanting to attack with the ball first.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they have to win the toss first!
they should win comftable either way.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BAN won the toss and batted - is he hoping for rain with his team grinding out 200 or so in 50 overs?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd have to say that Ashraful is batting very well, but this is going to be a case of none of his partners sticking around I think.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
101-4 in the 27th.

If they hold wickets together, they could post a total - but that's one heck of an IF.

I'm not impressed with the NZ attack today - too many wides and NBs, although Daniel Vettori seems to be causing them some difficulties. Big heave coming soon, I think.

It's a one-man show, though, by Ashraful

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
No, not a very good display from the bowlers. Vettori, Bond & Oram were good but the rest were crap. A worrying sign considering that it has really been NZ's batting that has got them through the tough matches so far so the bowling needs to get alot better.

Cairns was very ordinary, I think he must still be suffering from that drinking binge the other night.

So the target is set at 199, I think NZ will be slightly nervous considering events in the last couple of days. They really need to get this target off about 30 overs & with at maximum 2 or 3 wickets down.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
When Mahmud went at 128-7, it was almost a case of 'job done' for NZ, but a few lusty blows by Rafiq and Masud have posted a respectable score. The inside-out six over long off by Rafiq was a joy to watch.

I expect the Kiwis to come out with guns blazing and have little trouble in reaching the target, but this is a funny World Cup at the moment - ask Sri Lanka

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 said:
BAN won the toss and batted - is he hoping for rain with his team grinding out 200 or so in 50 overs?
Not so much grinding, but not a bad estimate if I do say so myself! 8D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well I thought Bangladesh deserved some credit here today. They lost wickets early but didn't fall apart. Ashraful made sure of that with a good innings and some boundaries at the end got them ~200. By far their best performance so far.

If only they'd (Bashar) held on to Fleming when 2 they could have at least got a bit of confidence and given some nerves to New Zealand. As it is NZ 99-1 (20) looking very comfortable, Adams in at 3.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Broncoman:
they have to win the toss first!
they should win comftable either way.
There, NZ now have the kiss of death..

Zimbabwe did against India and look what happened. Hopefully the Kiwis survive :D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah it's 135-2 in the 26th. Adams went for 18 but Styris has joined McMillan, who is going crazy since passing 50. He also brought up 3000 ODI runs earlier in his innings. Currently 74*.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well McMillan fell for 75 but still won the MOM award, NZ winning by 7 wickets. Cairns did the damage at the end with 33* off 21 balls, and Styris (37*, 36 balls) were there to complete a comfortable victory, but a better performance from Bangladesh maybe, who need to work on their fielding!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well NZ are up to 2nd & have lifted their net run-rate.
Thats pretty much what they needed to do with the bat but Bangladesh need to be congratulated.

When they batted they looked as though they were out to prove some critics wrong & they showed better application.
Well...3 or 4 of their batsmen did.

NZ should feel that if all their bowlers start to find form then they will be confident if they make the super sixes.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, i seriously doubt it. Unless its a green seamer I don't think Tuffey will be getting anymore game time in this World Cup.

anzac

International Debutant
it's unfortunate for the 'fringe' players in the squad but I think we are seeing how the NZ draw has worked against them - all the 'big' games first followed by the break for the forfeited game b4 playing the 'minnows' in the group.......

well done to Bangladesh for their application to bat out their 50 overs, although I think that the NZ team were showing the effects of not having played for a while, especially in these conditions.

:)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Rik's right, that was probably Mill's first bad bowling effort for NZ. I cannot recall the last time he went over 35 in an ODI and without taking at least 1 or 2 wickets.