• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ under GrahamB (ICC 2005)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I meant looking at the number of games played by Fleming!
That'd be some record if it was Test matches!

EDIT: And I'd guess it is looking at the amound of wickets taken by some bowlers. You don't take 3 wickets a game in ODIs.

Graham

3rd Umpire
The OD series against the Windies was very embarrassing.

An 18 player squad was selected looking ahead to the upcoming World Cup.

There were several players who've shone at OD level on the domestic scene, but haven't yet stepped up at international level - opening batsman Richard Bucknall, middle order batsman Brendon Diamanti and keeper Colin Hampton.
This would be their chance to steal the limelight. Yeah right! :-O

Excuse me while I find the nearest hole to crawl into! :eek:

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
1st Test - Zimbabwe in NZ 2010

Back to the drawing boards again!

There are no viable options to the batsmen we are currently using at test level, so it was again the bowling attack that came under the microscope!
James Franklin, Ian O'Brien and Matthew Walker all have test bowling averages in the 30's which is the best we've been able to manage! Therefore they got the nod.
Young spinner Andrew Aimson was 12th man with the pitch for the 1st Test expected to favour the pacemen.

The Zimbabwe lineup:

Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to make use of prime batting conditions.
Day One belonged to the visitors!

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Zimbabwe in NZ 2010 - 1st Test (after Day Two)

An improved bowling performance on the second day saw us dismiss Zimbabwe for little more than 400.
Their pace bowlers had us on the ropes though with four quick wickets before Matthew Sinclair and Simon Treanor came together to steady things.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Graham said:
The OD series against the Windies was very embarrassing.

An 18 player squad was selected looking ahead to the upcoming World Cup.

There were several players who've shone at OD level on the domestic scene, but haven't yet stepped up at international level - opening batsman Richard Bucknall, middle order batsman Brendon Diamanti and keeper Colin Hampton.
This would be their chance to steal the limelight. Yeah right! :-O

Excuse me while I find the nearest hole to crawl into! :eek:
Good God Graham! :blink:

PeterF

Cricket Spectator
Graham said:
Zimbabwe in NZ 2010 - 1st Test (after Day Two)

An improved bowling performance on the second day saw us dismiss Zimbabwe for little more than 400.
Their pace bowlers had us on the ropes though with four quick wickets before Matthew Sinclair and Simon Treanor came together to steady things.

You're losing to Zimbabwe! :-O

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
On icc2005 NZ are really under rated.After about 10 years of playing with them i havent even produced 1 Test class fast bowler and my batsman ave. stay in the mid 30's at best.Shane Bond is useless on the game so is Tuffy and Vettori.Teams like India and Bangladesh produce these great pace and spin bowlers and the top test and odi teams are all Asian teams while England,Australia.South Africa and NZ suck!..............I think i mite stop playing this game(with NZ enyway)because its to hard

Graham

3rd Umpire
Zimbabwe in NZ 2010 - 1st Test (after Day Three)

The NZ bowlers will need to step up big time on Day Four if NZ are to stay in the test! :unsure:

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Zimbabwe in NZ 2010 - 1st Test (after Day Four)

A stunning bowling performance on the fourth morning had the Zims reeling at 81/6, but the tail staged a magnificent fightback and aided by rain washing out most of the final session, the visitors look safe.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Zimbabwe in NZ 2010 - NZ recover to secure a draw in the 1st Test

After the visiting pacers knocked the top off the NZ batting to be in with a winning chance at 56/4, Jesse Ryder, Simon Treanor and Jacob Oram came to the rescue to secure the draw.

Graham

3rd Umpire
The only change to the NZ side for the 2nd Test was spinner Andrew Aimson coming into the playing eleven with medium pacer Mathew Walker dropping out.