• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ heading to England?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I just heard that South Africa & Zimbabwe are possibly planning to neglect their England tours this year because of what England did in the World Cup.

Apparently NZ are up there as one of the leading candidates to replace them, man what a series that would be if it happens.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Considering the financial troubles bot the ZCU and the SA equivalent face, I'd say this is nothing more than making a point. They need a tour like that and so I don't think they refuse to go.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well obviously the ECB is taking this seriously enough that they are already planning to invite other teams.
The ZCU & UCB need to becareful that they don't leave themselves out in the cold here.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it would seriously hamper Zimbabwean and South African cricket if they didn't tour, and it wouldn't surprise me to see one or 2 South Africans give up International Cricket if that happened.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
I just heard that South Africa & Zimbabwe are possibly planning to neglect their England tours this year because of what England did in the World Cup.

Apparently NZ are up there as one of the leading candidates to replace them, man what a series that would be if it happens.

I doubt that will happen, I hope not anyway! Anyway SA have a score to settle against England from 1998, I think a lot of their senior players will be relishing the chance to get stuck in for one final time, so they will put pressure on them to tour..Not sure about Zim though, I think they have more of a point not touring England, but I dont agree with it...