• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NSW and MacGill

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on another story i heard the other day..
NSW coach Steve Rixon is said to be very upset with the form of Stuart MacGill...
NSW lack a quality spinner other than MacGill(who is a bit over-rated in my book anyway) and Rixon has stated that NSW may look interstate or even overseas to get a quality spinner for next season if nothing arises in remainder of this season...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
Stuart MacGill...NSW lack a quality spinner other than MacGill(who is a bit over-rated in my book anyway)
What else would you expect from a Warne fan? ;)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im not really a Warnie fan....
I just admire him for the way he has fought back...
He was criticisied for being fat and people were saying he was on the outer but he has made an imense effort to get fit and prolong his career and now he is bolwing better than ever IMO...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im not really a Warnie fan....
I just admire him for the way he has fought back...
He was criticisied for being fat and people were saying he was on the outer but he has made an imense effort to get fit and prolong his career and now he is bolwing better than ever IMO...
You = Aussie = Warnie Fan ;):lol:

Anway with that sodding signiture what was I supposed to think ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt it...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I mean Caddick is the closest for u and he is about 100yo....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
100 what? Hmmm 500 is a big ask I mean I dunno if McGrath will even reach it, you gotta start young and keep going, its a big ask...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
McGrath will make 500 easy...

He has already got 400 and only really needs to play 2-3 seasons more and will have it quite comfortably, especially playing against the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe more often...
With the amount of cricket being played there are alot more chances...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
McGrath will make 500 easy...

He has already got 400 and only really needs to play 2-3 seasons more and will have it quite comfortably, especially playing against the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe more often...
With the amount of cricket being played there are alot more chances...
But also for Injury...also its been ages since McGrath and Warne have been injured badly enough to be put out of the game...most of England's best or most promising bowlers are injured, not much chance to get 500 wickets then is there?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's faults That???

And how can u say Warnie hasn't been out of the game???

Warne missed heaps of matches when he had his shoulder op, and when he returned he bowled like a busted *** for ages.....
He could've been 600 if we went on that theory...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's faults That???

And how can u say Warnie hasn't been out of the game???

Warne missed heaps of matches when he had his shoulder op, and when he returned he bowled like a busted *** for ages.....
He could've been 600 if we went on that theory...
Lately I mean. Anyway he still bowled and got wickets...none of England's bowlers are anywhere near 100 tests...Warne has played 104. Anway I'm off to bed its 2am and I need sleep.:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NSW coach Steve Rixon is said to be very upset with the form of Stuart MacGill...
NSW lack a quality spinner other than MacGill(who is a bit over-rated in my book anyway) and Rixon has stated that NSW may look interstate or even overseas to get a quality spinner for next season if nothing arises in remainder of this season...
Gee, way to motivate the rest of the squad, Steve! :rolleyes:

Looking at the NSW squad, its seems as if all the spinners are rookies. Why not give one of them a go if they're serious about developing a spinner?

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I can't believe that NSW doesn't have the back up strength. The Sydney pitch is supposed to be the most spin friendly deck in the country and in past years the spinners have been lining up to play for NSW. Robertson, Matthews, Freedman etc. There must be someone else.

MacGill mustn't be taking his axing as Australia's No. 2 spinner very well. He never had a very good temperament.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
MacGill's attitude was always very ordinary..
I never liked him from the moment i 1st saw him.
I think he's resigned himself to not playing another test now that Hauritz has been targeted...

As for developing a young spinner i would love to see a few guys given the chance, but really i don't know of many in the grade ranks that could make the step up yet at least....
Just have to wait and see...
Maybe we could entice Hauritz to NSW???
:P:P:P:P:P:P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmm why ain't Haddin playing? Is it cause he's in the A team? And why is Steve batting above Mark with Katich in between them? Sheesh Mark's at number 6...dropped from the squad then relegated to number 6? Not a good period in the life of Mark Waugh...and guess who's the captain again :rolleyes:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The reason Mark has dropped down to 6 is because he said he would like to be there and give the other guys a chance to push for claims in the test side...

As for the captain part, what did u expect, to have Katich captain with the national captain in the side... i reckon that'd go down well...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently when Stuart McGill went to the Academy, his report card back to WA (he used to play for WA) said something along the lines of "The thought shouldn't even be entertained of Stuart even playing first-lass cricket." It was apparently more of a discipline thing rather than an ability thing.

No wonder he went to NSW............he played one season there before playing for Australia.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i would like to see Hauritz in blue personally - Cameron white would prob also be approached, hes young buyyy can also bat well :)