• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now that Burgey is ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did you actually read the article? I don't think that anyone would argue that there were some **** umpiring decisions that game. It's not like that was the only issue that tour though. There was the whole monkeygate thing, pretty sure that was when Tendulkar was caught ball-tampering and then India kicked up a stink when he was rightfully punished too.

Not surprising that an Indian newspaper would focus on that one minor quote though lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did you actually read the article? I don't think that anyone would argue that there were some **** umpiring decisions that game. It's not like that was the only issue that tour though. There was the whole monkeygate thing, pretty sure that was when Tendulkar was caught ball-tampering and then India kicked up a stink when he was rightfully punished too.

Not surprising that an Indian newspaper would focus on that one minor quote though lol

Lol.. I actually agree with you. My stand on what happened in that test and series is right here in CW for everyone to read from that tour thread. But it is ridiculous that the Indian journos keep bringing it up hoping for some words that they can use as clickbait. Everyone's moved on except the media.

In a weird way, it solidified Ind V Aus as THE rivalry irrespective of the strength of the sides. If the 2001 series set it up in terms of the quality of cricket, 2008 series set it up in terms of fan frenzy.

Burgey

I don’t think I’ve ever said anything other than India got some shockers in that test, but the enduring memory of it is they behaved like petulant and selectively deaf children. Particularly Kumble and Tendulkar. You can tell they both learned the art of the victim complex at the knee of Gavaskar, himself a horrible, racist arsehole full of double standards, who whinged about the brown man getting the rough end of the deal in that game, having himself called black men monkeys.

At the end of the day, they lost three wickets in the last over to michael clarke to lose it. And it couldn’t have happened to a better bunch of blokes.

Flem274*

123/5
At the end of the day, they lost three wickets in the last over to michael clarke to lose it. And it couldn’t have happened to a better bunch of blokes.
that test was just insane

michael clarke the finger spinning destroyer in australia, symonds the un-giveoutable and irfan pathan opening the batting at perth(?). what a series.

Daemon

There was a lot to be desired from both sides, but India’s attitude was horrible. Compare that to the grace with which KW accepted the WC tie.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India got shockers, but they turned a bad game from the umpires into some sort of global opression of the brown man or something ridiculous. BCCI of course piled in - never missing a chance to show how the richest body in the world area 'really' the victims. And of course, Harbhajan being extra racist and then denying it.

The tour (and the thread) left a bad taste in my mouth.

Daemon

India got shockers, but they turned a bad game from the umpires into some sort of global opression of the brown man or something ridiculous. BCCI of course piled in - never missing a chance to show how the richest body in the world area 'really' the victims. And of course, Harbhajan being extra racist and then denying it.

The tour (and the thread) left a bad taste in my mouth.
Just like your posts

vcs

Hope we get a nice spicy series (without the racism and other bitter stuff) later this year. The 2017 series was pretty good with the whole "brain cramp" thing, Kohli's press conference and all that stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.