• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No ODI cricket for under 17

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
David Lloyd.

His 'phrase of the week' is "Gerrem in t'side - if they're good enough they're owd enough." in a thick Lancastrian accent

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Still doesn't answer my 16 year old and the interpretation of the rules.
Simple , nobody here has an answer for that. Also does it mean that India won't participate in the U-15 World Cup?

krkode

State Captain
luckyeddie said:
David Lloyd.

His 'phrase of the week' is "Gerrem in t'side - if they're good enough they're owd enough." in a thick Lancastrian accent
How do we tell if they're good enough?

Which under-17 has played more than 50-100 FC games?

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
Also remembering that there only kids for goodness sake. Its all very well wise older folk to say teach them to hit it straight etc, but especially younger on, fielding for long periods is rubbish. I love playing cricket, but if your a 12 year old batsman faced with the prospect of fielding for 50 overs its frightening. Surely its best to let them build up into longer games, if there still good enough at 17 surely its best they've played both versions of the game. India needs to create and help better coaches( 1 billion people in a cricket crazy country and they have a very average side) rather than rely on quick fixes.

Craig

World Traveller
Swanny said:
Also remembering that there only kids for goodness sake. Its all very well wise older folk to say teach them to hit it straight etc, but especially younger on, fielding for long periods is rubbish. I love playing cricket, but if your a 12 year old batsman faced with the prospect of fielding for 50 overs its frightening. Surely its best to let them build up into longer games, if there still good enough at 17 surely its best they've played both versions of the game. India needs to create and help better coaches( 1 billion people in a cricket crazy country and they have a very average side) rather than rely on quick fixes.
I do remember playing 40 over cricket, but what ever amount of overs you got in the alloted time and you faced the same amount. Possible solution.