• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

no more jokes

Kimbo

International Debutant
that just makes you less of a saddo than everyone else....
think how much time we spend here

Kimbo

International Debutant
no i was talking about anthony. but he has got rid of those posts now. he must of got embarrassed.

anyway, i can't believe this topic is now classed as a "hot topic"

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Yeh I am still wondering how the hell this is still going.

I guess I am not the only one who want to increase posts :D

bump....... :P

Kimbo

International Debutant
we have to keep it going now, this must be the longest topic ever about nothing....

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
I find a thread so much more exciting when you have the same 3 ppl posting messages :O

I think we are the only people who would be bothered wasting the time to keep this pointless thread alive and kicking :P

Bump……….. 160

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know that this is seriously off-topic, but I think that you deserve to know. . .

I attended a football match in 1977 or so in the third round of the UEFA Cup between Derby County and Finn Harps (Ireland).
It was a deliciously one-sided affair, so much so that Derby were winning by 9-0 at half-time (many of the goals had come in a rush between the 25th and 35th minute).
During the half-time interval, a little old man came up to me and in a broad Derbyshire accent, said "Ayup, meduck. Can yer tellus what t'score is?"
I told him.
"Bu**er me" he replied. "Just bin ferra s**t and missed seven goals".

I promise you. . . it REALLY happened.

Hmmmmm not so off-topic after all. Derby won by a cricket score.

[Edited on 7/15/02 by luckyeddie]

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Rofl that would have been so funny :D. The good thing about live sporting games is the characters you meet.

Kimbo

International Debutant
haha yea. if you ever want to meet lifes biggest losers then goto a league game in oz. there are loads people that REALLY get into the game.. REALLY... they yell abuse at the ref the whole time, yell out to players using a first name basis(which i hate... since they dont actually know the players)...
every time the ref blows the whistle there is an outburst of loud comments directed at the ref. and they remember incidents from half an hour ago... "SO NOW YOU ARE GOING TO CALL FORWARD PASSES."
anyway its really funny/sad

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
the best cricket games in new zealand are held at Carisbrook , Dunedin , wohoo yea im a southener ! ex

the crowds there are the best in N.Z :D:D

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I took a Yugoslavian mate to his first game of league and everyone was yelling at the players and the ref. In one of the quiet moments he decided to join in and yelled out with his accent "Kick him in the head". The crowd went silent and all looked back at him. We haven't let him forget it.