• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand v Scotland at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/3 Wednesday (D), Match #32, Group 2

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I know it was 7 years ago but Milne was brilliant (v economical) in the white ball matches on NZ's tour to the UAE back in 2014 and was clearly fantastic in the 100 2 or 3 months ago. I think he'll be fine.

thierry henry

International Coach
I know it was 7 years ago but Milne was brilliant (v economical) in the white ball matches on NZ's tour to the UAE back in 2014 and was clearly fantastic in the 100 2 or 3 months ago. I think he'll be fine.
Well if he’s bowled well twice in the last 11 years (including….”the 100”) then he must be good.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh I always hoped for the best with Milne so not really keen to carry on this Milne-hater schtick.

Also my perception of him as ineffective is mostly based on his ODI career and his T20I record is quite good (albeit cobbled together via extremely sparse appearances) so in the interest of statzzzzzz consistency I have no basis for bagging him.

thundaboult

International Debutant
milne is ok, he can bowl to a plan and pick up the odd wicket while conceding an acceptable amount of runs most of the times, he barely touches 150 or more these days so not exactly express either

hes def no lockie, who can run thru sides and is basically a monster

thundaboult

International Debutant
2 bad overs if you count the opening over against India. Can't believe I'm saying this but even southee has been better. But I back milne to come good in the upcoming games, he has what it takes in this format.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are we questioning Milne all of a sudden? He's been one of the best T20 bowlers on the planet for six months + and all of a sudden two bad overs changes that? T20 is a fickle beast.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm satisfied grouping Milne and Southee together as our 3rd+4th best T20 seamers. Milne is a good option, he hasn't done it for a consistent uninjured stretch at international level, but I think we'll see that if he stays fit. Southee has also received a fair bit of criticism for his T20 bowling, much of it justified and I'd still like to keep him away from death overs, but then we tried numerous others and they were all much worse. T20I seam bowler pecking order:

Ferguson & Boult
Milne & Southee
Jamieson, Bennett, Kuggeleijn, Tickner, Wheeler, others

That every other seamer we've tried has basically sucked is also why Neesham, who can bat and is still probably a level above those listed with the ball, is useful.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
With all fairness to Southee, he's been outstanding this tournament. And his bowling figures would have been even better if he'd been kept away from the death (13 off his last over in the 16th for 1-25 v Pakistan, 11 against India in the 20th for 1-26 and 12 against Scotland for 1-24).

Like Kyle Mills all those years ago, it's not his go.