• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hahaha. This is becoming a joke now. Presumably because pads and bats weren't deemed sufficient armoury for New Zealand's cricket team, whilst the Armed Forces were potentially more ready for battle with actual guns and bullets.

Who the **** are these people?
No i think he's saying that the security detail was bigger than the entire NZDF.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No i think he's saying that the security detail was bigger than the entire NZDF.
Just drives home how much of a mind**** it would be to live in Pakistan. I get that this is so devastating for the fans but imagine thinking that this requirement is both normal and safe.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ummm, everyone fled India during the 2nd wave earlier this year. During the ipl.....
Not really, the vast majority stuck around for as long as they could until the tournament was called off.

Then they fled to a 5 star Maldives resort to sort out quarantine. Really feel for them, must've been hard.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I feel there's a strong reason why the threat was not disclosed. If people keep pushing and NZ comes out with the threat a lot of these blokes would look sheepish. I don't think Pakistan politicians or these players should push it. Leave it as is, accept and move on. Imran Khan has been very silent and no statement from him has been released. That is the prudent way to deal with it IMO

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I feel there's a strong reason why the threat was not disclosed. If people keep pushing and NZ comes out with the threat a lot of these blokes would look sheepish. I don't think Pakistan politicians or these players should push it. Leave it as is, accept and move on. Imran Khan has been very silent and no statement from him has been released. That is the prudent way to deal with it IMO

I think you're probably right. Predictably, his erstwhile colleague Javid Miandad hasn't been quite so reticent, but JM wasn't happy about teams pulling out 12 years ago, so he was never going to keep quiet about this one.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Do any gambiring agribusiness blockbash bush-league armchair-expert wombles know when the NZC will release the important home summer schedule for the series' vs Bangladesh, Holland, and the Galapagos Islands? I'm expecting 3 tests against the Banga's and a on-off test against each of Holland and the Galapagos Islands. And about 22 ODI's and T20's against these awesome foes.That should lead in nicely to the March tour by the Jaapies.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
This summer will be a ripper - get Spark-Sky Sport now so that you don't miss a single moment of the action!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Next 9-10 months:
World T20
2 Tests in India
3 ODIs in Australia
2 Tests at home to SA
3 Tests away to England

Guess you can either be glass half full or empty, right?