• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New idea

Craig

World Traveller
I got this off another cricket forum (not cricket web), so please dont hate me, I have informed the person on what I am doing:

"I agree that the off-shore tournaments be removed. Sharjah, Toronto, Singapore, Morocco etc. should not host any more matches till their home team gets test/ODI status. After their home teams get test/ODI status, i do not find any harm with them hosting the tri-series. These off-shore tournaments only increase the burden of cricket on the teams.

Also, the Champions Trophy needs to be removed, its just a meaningless tournament. I feel that like the Asia Cup which will involve 6 teams in its next edition in 2004 (Ind,Pak,SL,BD and the two best associates from Asia, UAE and HK), such tournaments should take place all over the world, like an Africa Cup involving South Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya and the best associate team from the region. The 4-nation africa cup can be a good idea. Also, a ROW cup (Rest-of-World Cup) can take place involving Aus, NZ, Eng, WI and the 2 best associates from these regions to make it a 6 team tournament. All these 3 tournaments should take place once in 2 years.

These Asia Cups, Africa Cups and the ROW Cups will replace these off-shore tournaments and the champions trophy as they will take place once in 2 years. Also, the top associate teams will get more chances to test themselves against the best teams once in two years. Also, the World Cup should continue to take place once in 4 years as ever."

What is people's opinions?

anzac

International Debutant
anything (well almost) to reduce the number of ODI tourneyments / tri series that are being played!!!

I'm all for anything that can bring back extended tours with 3 test series & other 4 / 5 day matches to develop squad players - not just 2 tests, 2 meaningless invitation games & 3 / 5 ODIs & a Tri series !!!!!:!( :!( :!( :!(

Deja moo

International Captain
..................and then a series between the 3 winners of the 3 series mentioned......simple!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
i would say something, but im still fuming that you went to another cricket forum!

chris.hinton

International Captain
I like it and there could befeeder competition for them as well for the icc teams and the world cup could have less games as well

Langeveldt

Soutie
Anything that reduces the amount of meaningless cricket being played is a good thing....

Not sure i agree with all these zonal tournaments though... Wouldnt a match between Pakistan and Hong Kong be a bit pointless?

Craig

World Traveller
That would depend if Hong Kong qualified. I think people here could make the HK team.