• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket coach screenshots

Cloete

International Captain
It certainly does look very imrepssive. Reminds me alot of CM and that can only be good :)

Specially Darren Gough's profile...

With all the factors and tournaments and transfers and stuff I can certainly see myself spending a long time playing it. Was just wodnering if you've put in overseas rules and stuff? Sometimes I'd rather defvelopers didn't, or maybe an option to turn it off?

Anyway top stuff so far :)

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
For Cricket Coach, the game will follow realistic transfer rules... MVCM didn't have real transfer rules and people complained so we felt that we'd go for the realistic approach this time round.

Cloete

International Captain
Glenn Stiemens said:
For Cricket Coach, the game will follow realistic transfer rules... MVCM didn't have real transfer rules and people complained so we felt that we'd go for the realistic approach this time round.
Yeah I remember stacking Middlesex up with an Australian contingent on the demo.

But just to check, is English County Cricket the only domestic competition with overseas restrictions in place?

I know the Australian and South African (Well the South African didn't use to, they may do now with all the franchising and what not) leages don't.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm not currently familiar with the transfer rules for other nations, but they will be modelled as realistically as possible.

We'll be looking to start getting some research for transfers and general competition structures in the coming weeks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A small point regarding screenshot 4.

For teams that are all out - any chance of changing it from xxx-10 to xxx-a/o or something similar?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Kweek have you become self-appointed media manager ??? :p I think it should just say the score eg. Aus 100 & 5/54 (in your dreams poms :p)

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc - Yeah, it will be displayed as all out instead of /10 as Tarick points out.

Chris - youth development basically involves players aging and regens being 'born'. So players abilities change over the course of their careers based upon various factors.

membersstand - no chance. England will win the Ashes this summer, either on Cricket Coach or in real life - or maybe both :)